TexasPete

All-Star

• Squawkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts
  • Joined 23-June 06
  • Skin: Hawksquawk Red

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:12 PM

Poor, Poor, little baby that Billy Knight. Nobody likes him...it doesn't matter what he does the poor little baby gets picked on. So all the whining lovers of poor little Billy came up with a really funny way to show that nobody loves little Billy.See, it doesn't matter what he does nobody will ever love Billy...he just can't win with fans that poor thing. He is so nice to fans and so what if he keeps drafting the same position and has 6 of the same position. He is our hero. I wish poor little Billy could get some love because he is so misunderstood. We will love him no matter how he bad he does. I just hope that one day our guy will finally catch a break. Maybe if he drafts Greg Oden next year people will love him...if he doesn't draft a forward over him.

#18 drzachary

drzachary

Resident Foodie

• Squawkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts
  • Joined 09-July 02
  • Interests:
    charcuterie, beards, atlanta sports, dungeons & dragons, cooking, mouthwash, dogs, travel, washing dishes
  • Fan since:2000

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:28 PM

Quote:

Poor, Poor, little baby that Billy Knight. Nobody likes him...it doesn't matter what he does the poor little baby gets picked on. So all the whining lovers of poor little Billy came up with a really funny way to show that nobody loves little Billy.See, it doesn't matter what he does nobody will ever love Billy...he just can't win with fans that poor thing. He is so nice to fans and so what if he keeps drafting the same position and has 6 of the same position. He is our hero. I wish poor little Billy could get some love because he is so misunderstood. We will love him no matter how he bad he does. I just hope that one day our guy will finally catch a break. Maybe if he drafts Greg Oden next year people will love him...if he doesn't draft a forward over him.

Fans? The DEFT satire that AHF wrote is regarding the media. Try again. Enjoy the joke. Get off the thread.

#19 Nurlman

Nurlman

Rookie

• Squawkers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 13-November 02

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:40 PM

Outstanding. Best post of the offseason.For the record, I like the pick. Time to stop drafting upside and fill some clear needs. Not sexy, but necessary.

#20 Seano

Seano

Starter

• Squawkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Joined 28-February 05

Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:45 AM

Excellent post. Posted Image

It's so true to. When you are the Atlanta Hawks, it's like you can't win no matter what you do. Somehow, some way, the media will find a way to spin it onto the most negative slant possible.

No matter who we drafted, they would have found a way to rip us. We're just too easy a target right now, and many sportswriters are lazy- so they'll just run with whatever is the current trend. And the current trend is to talk crap and take shots (many of them cheap) about and at the Hawks. The only way to remedy that is to start winning.

Bill Simmons actually had some nice things to say about us taking Shelden- he called it a solid pick at #5. I take his basketball opinion more credibly than most other sportswriters, because Simmons is not just a guy writing sports to earn a paycheck- but rather because he just might be the biggest NBA fan on the planet, and he has been for years and years now. He truly loves the game, and he's a student of it. He really, really knows his stuff when it comes to NBA basketball.

#21 joannes3000

joannes3000

Starter

• Squawkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Joined 20-December 05

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:30 AM

Agreed. I would've liked to have seen more "the Hawks should have drafted Shelden Williams" statements incorporated into the picks, especially with O'Bryant. It definitely seems that we'll get flack no matter who we draft. We could draft Greg Oden next year and there would be something wrong with that.

#22 DrReality

DrReality

Assistant Coach

• Squawk Supporter
  • 14,641 posts
  • Joined 25-September 05

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users