Photo
- - - - -

Terrence Moore on SportsZone talking Woody..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 PatheticATLfan

PatheticATLfan

Summer League

• Squawkers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 09-January 09

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:55 PM

Said that he has spoken to someone in control of the situation and they told him that Woody is here regardless if the Hawks win or lose this series. Terrence also said that the Hawks are through in this series. Terrence's final article for the AJC is Tuesday. He is leaving after 25 years to go write nationally for AOL. I've never really been that big of a fan so i'm kinda ho hum about it. Guy has got connections though so his statements on Woody may be correct. I hope he's wrong though.

#2 Hotlanta1981

Hotlanta1981

Head Coach

• Political Squawkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,733 posts
  • Joined 26-September 03

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:05 PM

Said that he has spoken to someone in control of the situation and they told him that Woody is here regardless if the Hawks win or lose this series. Terrence also said that the Hawks are through in this series. Terrence's final article for the AJC is Tuesday. He is leaving after 25 years to go write nationally for AOL. I've never really been that big of a fan so i'm kinda ho hum about it. Guy has got connections though so his statements on Woody may be correct. I hope he's wrong though.

If the Hawks lose this series and Woody is kept... Well, it shows the teams lack of commitment to winning. It pretty much proves it as a fact to me. The ownership is a real nightmare. I wished these guys wouldn't have bought the team.

#3 jhay610

jhay610

Starter

• Squawkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • Joined 09-February 08

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:58 AM

As I have said before I would be surprised if Woody is let go. He has one more year on his deal and the Spirit are not the type to move and shake like that - they would have to pay Woody the balance plus whatever the salary for the new coach. Doesn't seem likely.

#4 DrReality

DrReality

Assistant Coach

• Squawk Supporter
  • 14,809 posts
  • Joined 25-September 05

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:20 AM

Hope Woody follows him to AOL.

#5 Colin

Colin

Zaza's #1 Fan

• Political Squawkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Joined 17-March 07

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:47 AM

Hope Woody follows him to AOL.

"Welcome! You've got hate mail!"

:beer:

#6 Blunt91

Blunt91

All-Star

• Squawkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,492 posts
  • Joined 09-June 02

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:36 AM

The only way the Hawks can win games with Woody is to get him some more reliable shooters. The Hawks rely on their jump shooting when they can't run.

#7 kamillion

kamillion

Rookie

• Squawkers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Joined 15-January 09

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

Moore is so racially fueled that I wouldnt be surprised if this is a spin move by him in some way to make sure no potential white man comes and takes Woody's job...lmao.

glad to see him go. when he said the braves franchise is racist, i had enough...

** OFF RANT ***

anyway, he's likely right- Woody will stay for one more year- and THEN be gone if he doesn't go deep in the playoffs... like the guy posted above- ASG isn't buying out anything.

#8 WraithSentinel

WraithSentinel

All-Star

• Squawkers
  • 3,847 posts
  • Joined 19-July 05

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

Woodson staying more because of the economy and current state of ASG. At least Moore will be moving on. AJC will have to find another annoying writer. I am sure they got plenty waiting in the wings.

#9 TheDude

TheDude

All-Star

• Squawkers
  • 4,936 posts
  • Joined 23-June 02

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:08 PM

i'm not a theskyisfalling type of guy but if woody is kept then that's it.....you cannot just look at the record of a team and determine how good the coach is..you have to look at the x's and o's...and while we play HARD we do not play smart, especially offensively...

i mean everyone and their mamma knows we play ISO everytime..