arhawkfan

Role Player

• Squawkers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 08-November 09
  • Skin: Hawksquawk Red

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

I am worried about it tonight. We have been playing good of late but this one could give us fits. We are going to need big games from the 3 J's.

#2 Marvin24Williams

Marvin24Williams

Role Player

• Squawkers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Joined 21-February 10

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

And one from the big M

#3 DocWilkins

DocWilkins

Role Player

• Squawkers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 05-May 11

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

I would love for Marvin to have a big game but I am not getting my hopes up...If he can just run up and down the court without falling down I will be happy...LOL

#4 Diesel

Diesel

Deputy Commissioner

• Squawk Supporter
  • 41,471 posts
  • Joined 08-June 02

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

I am worried about it tonight. We have been playing good of late but this one could give us fits. We are going to need big games from the 3 J's.

Interestingly, even though Philly has a bigger frontcourt, something tells me that they will try to wage war with our backcourt.

Jrue, Williams, Jodie, Evan, and AI vs. Teague, Joe, Marvin, Radman, Pargo,and T-Mac.

The question is what Marvin will show up. If Marvin can put the clamps on AI, we have a chance. I think it will be post up city with Joe on Jodie or whoever they put on him.

Interesting will be Smoove vs. Brand/Thad.

Even more interesting is will they try to stop Joe with Young? IVAN comes in and scares the piss out of Thad.
Last game, Craig Smith was not intimidated by IVAN...

#5 JayBirdHawk

JayBirdHawk

First Lady of Hawksquawk

• Squawk Supporter
  • 9,637 posts
  • Joined 10-July 09
  • Fan since:1986

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

AI I think will guard Joe.

#6 MaceCase

MaceCase
  • Fan since:1996

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

AI I think will guard Joe.

He abosuletly embarassed Joe last season on both ends. I don't know if he's got that streak going again where he was defensively dominating every top wing scorer in the league last season but Joe was so worn out from trying to score on Iggy that Iggy was breaking his ankles on consecutive plays. Teague get's another opportunity to go at a PG from his draft class selected before him so we'll see if he's fired up.

#7 Nicholasp27

Nicholasp27

Hall of Fame

• Squawkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,393 posts
  • Joined 09-February 04

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

Marvin had 8pts/8rebs early on last game and then drew played tmac (who also played well) for a long time so Marvin ended up with less impressive numbers but was on pace for a very nice game

Even still he had 12/8 in 21 mins but woulda done better with more time and not such a long break...he was rebounding well

Tmac had 8/6 in 27 mins so we got 20/14 from our sf position...if we can get that every night that'd be great (esp since they both also play strong defense)

Edited by Nicholasp27, 20 January 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#8 lethalweapon3

lethalweapon3

Apologist-in-Chief

• Moderators
  • 8,568 posts
  • Joined 24-October 08

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

Hawes still out, so Zaza will need to outperform the rookie Vucevic.

The Sixers' major frontcourt players don't get to the line an awful lot (5.7 FTAs/game combined among Brand+Thad+Hawes+Vuce combined, according to Liberty Ballers). A lot of trips to the line (and conversions) by the Hawks' frontline may make the difference.

~lw3

#9 Wretch

Wretch

Sleeping

• Squawk Supporter
  • 4,575 posts
  • Joined 10-February 04
  • Fan since:1985

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

Big game tonight... This is the kind of game I'd like to see us win (in addition to not having mental collapses like we did vs. Chicago).

#10 Dolfan23

Dolfan23
  • Fan since:1986
  •  

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

This is going to be a very tough game against a playoff team who are young and like to get up and down the court. Talent wise I believe that Philly has the edge (since we're without Al and Hinrich) but we're more experienced and I like our bench matching up with theirs. What will be interesting to see is how much Evan Turner has improved since last year, since he seems to be much more of a factor this year, and he didn't do much against us last year at all.

#11 MaceCase

MaceCase
  • Fan since:1996

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

Lethal, did you say Hawesome was out? I actually like our chances a lot better now because the frontcourt advantage goes to us. Spencer had been doing his best Vlade Divac impression beforehand for the Sixers.

#12 Hawks27

Hawks27

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

Yeah, this is a big game. Philly has started hot, so lets cool them off a bit tonight.

#13 TheTruth

TheTruth

Starter

• Squawkers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts
  • Joined 14-November 07

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

#Hawks starting 'big' lineup w/ Jason Collins at PHI. Larry Drew says that's the "regular" lineup "for right now."

Looks like we gonna see a lot more of Collins now...ew

#14 DJlaysitup

DJlaysitup

Talk it up Bud!

• Squawk Supporter
  • 11,669 posts
  • Joined 22-November 05

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

#Hawks starting 'big' lineup w/ Jason Collins at PHI. Larry Drew says that's the "regular" lineup "for right now."

Looks like we gonna see a lot more of Collins now...ew

Yeah...looks like JaCo is our "designated starter for awhile at C. That's OK with me - he's big and occasionally does something good.

As far as this game goes - of course I want us to win every game - but as long as we play competitvely and don't get blown out I'm OK with the effort. Then come back home and get a win against CLE.

If I were LD I would unleash Ivan the Terrible a little extra tonight. May as well bruise them up a bit Posted Image

#15 Gray Mule

Gray Mule

Hawksquawk Elder

• Squawk Supporter
  • 6,482 posts
  • Joined 08-June 02
  • Interests:
    Oldest know Hawksquawker.
    New Author
    "Moses' Rod" & "The Journey"
    http://www.
    authorhouse.com/
  • Fan since:1950

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

Ever wonder what a big old butt whoopin' looks like?

Well, you've just witnessed one by the 76ers on the Hawks.

Any questions??

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users