• Announcements

• Dolfan23

Hawksquawk Premium Memberships & Donations   10/24/2015

Want to help keep the lights on around here and the ads to a minimum?  Premium Memberships Become a Hawksquawk Premium Member (aka Hawksquawk Supporter) with packages starting as low as $5 per month. All donations go to maintain Hawksquawk in the present and help with upgrades for the future. Click here to access the store.  New Donations System Some of you have asked for this in the past and we now have a system in place to accept donations. These can be as small as .01 and as large as you want. For your convenience we have created a few standard donation amounts. You can be a big help by making a donation. All donations go to help supporting the site and adding new features plus supporting the existing ones. Click here to access the store A Hearty Thank You For those of you who have helped out Hawksquawk by making donations in the past we want to say thank you and of course very much appreciate any donations in the future as well but please do not feel obligated in any way. Please note that existing memberships will be converted over into the new system so please be patient as those have to be manually entered into the system. 
    • Dolfan23

Updating to 4.1   10/27/2015

Woohoo the update for 4.1 is out, which means lots of bug fixes and making things work better than they have on the new 4.0.x system. The upgrade to the look and feel may take a couple of hours but this default theme will be available during that time. Once the Hawksquawk theme(s) have been manually converted over I will get everyone switched back. Thanks for your patience everyone. 
MoBetta

Tracy McGrady fumes over playing time

64 posts in this topic

Do we have to put up with this bigot's crap?

Man I'm not being a bigot at all just using that as a metaphor. I apologize if I offended you man. I'm not that type of person at all.

And Marvin has outplayed TMac, your point? Perhaps you'll notice that Willie is now the first off the bench with Joe moving to the 3, so really, address all of your erudite commentary for someone else who actually gives a f*** about your ramblings.

Yeah, do you know how many games Tmac has missed? Obviously you're rambling and defending a player that sucks and has no trade value. No one wants him. If they were both free agents, I bet Tmac would be the first one with offers. It's the truth.

Well he certainly won't be getting much playing time now lol.. But i've been saying since the season started that drew's subbing patterns suck. Hinrich has had one good game since he came back, yet drew insists on bringing him in even if teague is hot. Its annoying, and I can understand why some players may be upset by it.

1 person likes this

He needs to be professional and keep things like this behind closed doors. Anyway, he should be playing 15 - 25 minutes every night that he is available ... not 5 minutes. He is still a quality player and an important part of our bench. I think part of his sitting is the play of Willie Green lately.

Wasn't there an interview last year about a former Hawk who laughed when asked a question about LD's preparation? I think the response was something like "what preparation? Guy has the worst gameplans ever".

Wasn't there an interview last year about a former Hawk who laughed when asked a question about LD's preparation? I think the response was something like "what preparation? Guy has the worst gameplans ever".

#classic

Start TMac next game see how he handles the pressure. Let him put his game where his mouth is.

1 person likes this

If some of you think he shouldnt be opening his mouth you are all crazy. It is about time somebody stood up to LD. Its absurd he only played 4 minutes last night! He can help this team in so many different ways.. especially since kirk and teague havent been producing, let him play a little PG. He knows how to distribute and get ppl to their hot spots. LD isnt a good coach plain and simple.

1 person likes this

Found what I was referring to, not sure how much stock to put into the quote/article:

The

Hawks , losers of 14 of 21 games entering this weekend and with eight home losses since Feb. 8, are on the fast-track to getting swept out of the playoffs. What's the problem? One veteran player called rookie head coach Larry Drew's preparation and attention to detail "a (bleeping) joke." Drew also hasn't been able to rein in Josh Smith and get him to stop jacking up jumpers.

Is NY Daily News at all respectable? Or Mitch Lawrence?

Edited by hawksfanatic

I have to agree. LD's substitution patterns have been horrible all season. We talk about this on the chat every game. It just kills me how Marvin starts off hot and gets benched while JJ is 1 for 7 and Smoove is 1-5. Marv probably said f*ck it. It's like he doesn't believe in riding the hot hand unless its Joe Johnson or Smoove.

LD is in over his head. He nis forced to kiss *ss because some of the players (mainly Smoove) are the ones that got his his job. They don't respect his authority and that player that doesn't complain (Marvin) becomes the whipping boy.

Edited by Wurider05

It's not the Times but miles above the Post so you can trust them.....just not with your life, obviously.

That and the fact, why lie about the Hawks? We practically create better stories than most guys could dream up.