• Announcements

• Dolfan23

Hawksquawk Premium Memberships & Donations   10/24/2015

Want to help keep the lights on around here and the ads to a minimum?  Premium Memberships Become a Hawksquawk Premium Member (aka Hawksquawk Supporter) with packages starting as low as $5 per month. All donations go to maintain Hawksquawk in the present and help with upgrades for the future. Click here to access the store.  New Donations System Some of you have asked for this in the past and we now have a system in place to accept donations. These can be as small as .01 and as large as you want. For your convenience we have created a few standard donation amounts. You can be a big help by making a donation. All donations go to help supporting the site and adding new features plus supporting the existing ones. Click here to access the store A Hearty Thank You For those of you who have helped out Hawksquawk by making donations in the past we want to say thank you and of course very much appreciate any donations in the future as well but please do not feel obligated in any way. Please note that existing memberships will be converted over into the new system so please be patient as those have to be manually entered into the system. 
    • Dolfan23

Updating to 4.1   10/27/2015

Woohoo the update for 4.1 is out, which means lots of bug fixes and making things work better than they have on the new 4.0.x system. The upgrade to the look and feel may take a couple of hours but this default theme will be available during that time. Once the Hawksquawk theme(s) have been manually converted over I will get everyone switched back. Thanks for your patience everyone. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ATLSmith

16 days to the Draft

4 posts in this topic

Where's all the news about try-outs etc..??? Not sure if the Hawks aren't having them or the AJC is slacking. C'mon, we didn't even have a 1st round pick last year, generate some hype already!

2 people like this

16 days and - - nothing!When does free agency begin? When is it open season on trading? (The trade deadline/)Hawksquawk has more trade ideas than can be counted on all one's fingers and toes.Yet, we believe that nothing will really happen. Same old same old. Win some games,look pretty good, then fall on our face come playoff time.Hawks have some free agents - Will any be retained? If not, who replaces them? Guessour draft pick will replace one of them and the rest will come from free agents who areavailable after they have been picked over by the elite teams, ie, the scraps of free agency.

Think we have no trade ideas? I just checked. 1662 topics on trade ideas with 9,680 replies.Our GM would make some moves - But, our owners would have to approve.by the time they approve, trade deadline will have passed. At least, that'sthe way it seems to work.I don't really blame our GM just as I don't believe our head coach is that bad.They both do the best that they can with what they have.

Yeah it's definitely frustrating. Only thing I've seen so far is this bit from Kris Willis at Peachtree:

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2012/6/12/3080267/nba-draft-2012-hawks-workout-will-barton

(SB Nation Atlanta - Kris Willis) Memphis sophomore guard Will Barton's stock is on the rise after a solid showing at the Chicago pre-draft combine and has a scheduled work out with the Atlanta Hawks who have the 23rd pick in the first round. Barton was Conference USA Player of the Year last season in which he averaged 18 points and eight rebounds a game.

Before the combine Barton had been projected as a second round pick. Now his stock is on the rise and he has already worked out with a number of teams that have late first round selections like the Boston Celtics, Miami Heatand Chicago Bulls.

"I just want to go out there and showcase my talent, show everything I can do," Barton said. "Not just on the court, but off the court. Show that I'm a good person, a professional and just how well-rounded I am. I shot the ball real well (at the combine). That's something I've been working on, just staying consistent with my shot. I feel like when I'm consistent with my shot, it's hard to contain me."

Barton also has upcoming workouts scheduled with Atlanta, Denver, Milwaukee and Indiana leading up to the draft. The Hawks could look to draft the best player available at No. 23 given that they only have six players under contract for next season and could use anyone that would provide depth. Reserve guards Kirk Hinrich, Jannero Pargo andWillie Green are all free agents so a player like Barton could conceivably slide right into the rotation.

2 people like this