• Announcements

• Dolfan23

Hawksquawk Premium Memberships & Donations   10/24/2015

Want to help keep the lights on around here and the ads to a minimum?  Premium Memberships Become a Hawksquawk Premium Member (aka Hawksquawk Supporter) with packages starting as low as $5 per month. All donations go to maintain Hawksquawk in the present and help with upgrades for the future. Click here to access the store.  New Donations System Some of you have asked for this in the past and we now have a system in place to accept donations. These can be as small as .01 and as large as you want. For your convenience we have created a few standard donation amounts. You can be a big help by making a donation. All donations go to help supporting the site and adding new features plus supporting the existing ones. Click here to access the store A Hearty Thank You For those of you who have helped out Hawksquawk by making donations in the past we want to say thank you and of course very much appreciate any donations in the future as well but please do not feel obligated in any way. Please note that existing memberships will be converted over into the new system so please be patient as those have to be manually entered into the system. 
    • Dolfan23

Updating to 4.1   10/27/2015

Woohoo the update for 4.1 is out, which means lots of bug fixes and making things work better than they have on the new 4.0.x system. The upgrade to the look and feel may take a couple of hours but this default theme will be available during that time. Once the Hawksquawk theme(s) have been manually converted over I will get everyone switched back. Thanks for your patience everyone. 
coachx

Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

1,044 posts in this topic

Summary - The Hawks have the right to switch picks with the Nets in 2014 & 2015.

Posted Image

---------

The 2-5 Nets appear to be a train wreck. Most of their players are well over 30 and passed their prime.

I have researched but cannot find anything talking about any restrictions on the Hawks right to swap 1st round draft picks with the Nets in 2014 & 2015 (as part of the Joe Johnson trade).

I just want to be sure that if the Nets end up in the lottery, that the Hawks still have the right to swap 1st round picks with them.

Edited by Dolfan23
Added summary of thread
4 people like this

The 2-5 Nets appear to be a train wreck. Most of their players are well over 30 and passed their prime.

I have researched but cannot find anything talking about any restrictions on the Hawks right to swap 1st round draft picks with the Nets in 2014 & 2015 (as part of the Joe Johnson trade).

I just want to be sure that if the Nets end up in the lottery, that the Hawks still have the right to swap 1st round picks with them.

Wow. That would be crazy good luck. Still i see no way they fall out of the playoffs. There just aren't more than 8 playoff teams in the east. Bucks, sixers, celtics, orlando, and charlotte are all a lock to not even try for the playoffs. That leaves Wiz, Cavs, Toronto, and Detroit all 'competing' for the final two lottery spots in the east.

I just can't see the Hawks, Knicks, or Nets being able to play bad enough to get in the lottery. This is going to be a crazy season.

Still I like the way your thinking. That would be awesome if it pans out.

1 person likes this

Wow. That would be crazy good luck. Still i see no way they fall out of the playoffs. There just aren't more than 8 playoff teams in the east. Bucks, sixers, celtics, orlando, and charlotte are all a lock to not even try for the playoffs. That leaves Wiz, Cavs, Toronto, and Detroit all 'competing' for the final two lottery spots in the east.

I just can't see the Hawks, Knicks, or Nets being able to play bad enough to get in the lottery. This is going to be a crazy season.

Still I like the way your thinking. That would be awesome if it pans out.

i don't know.. Charlotte, Milwaukee and Philly may win a few.

i don't know.. Charlotte, Milwaukee and Philly may win a few.

You mean you think they will try to make the playoffs? I wouldn't put it past Charlotte to try. Philly i think is smarter than that and i just don't see where the Bucks have anything other than a good coach. I've been wrong plenty. Although never about the Wiz. Every year people predict the Wiz will be good and I say they will suck. They've made me look smart on that so far.

As far as I can recall, there are no restrictions. This is a straight up swap.

And further, we should be able to trade this right to swap since we still maintain a first round draft pick for the 2015 draft. We would just be making a contingent claim, "team A we will trade you our 2014 first round draft pick, which will be the greater of ours or Brooklyn, for X, Y, and Z assets."

2 people like this

The hawks never get such breaks

1 person likes this

Oh wow can we really swap no restrictions, no top 3 or 5 or lottery? That'd be awesome!!!!

If this is a top 10 pick and we keep it Ferry needs to win GM of the year.

2 people like this

LET'S GO SUNS!

Posted Image

(D-Will hurt I think his other ankle in tonight's game, too. Take your time healing up, good sir!)

~lw3

1 person likes this