• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

You guys are nuts

Admin

Not a damn one of you, save for maybe a foreign fan or two has seen Batista play and yet you are all getting so bent out of shape over us not signing him. Big freakin deal. Same with Edwards. How many here have seen him play....1, 2 people maybe?

If Edwards ends up horrible and Batista ends up being great then you can all say I told you so, but even then its only because you were making a guess that one would be good while the other would be bad.

I would venture to say none since he hardly played at all last year.

Oh and another thing that bugs the [censored] out of me over what you guys are crying about is that whether Edwards is any good or not, at least he is a big body that can take up space and likes to play in the paint.

I seen him play in limited minutes. He probably has

alittle more athletic ability than people would expect,

but he isn't goind enough go get 1million+ per year.

Did he ever at anytime in his exsistance post the numbers

that Batista did for his league? What are John Edwards

accomplishments as a basketball player? I doubt you will really find any.

Both 1st round draft talent with Splitter considered top 5-10 talent. Yet one is "nuts" to want Batiste on their team (and Edwards not)?

We offered Edwards twice as much guaranteed money as an undrafted nobody at no name U. and we offer Batiste half as much money despite signifigantly besting high first to mid-first rd talent in a competitive tournament consisting of significant NBA talent. Make sense? I guess I make so much sense I'm "nuts".

W

Quote:

at least he is a big body that can take up space and likes to play in the paint.

Why guarantee him double what we offered Batiste who was top 5-6 or better (tops in boards with 15.6) in all major categories for a big man in this tournament with NBA talent?

You don't guarantee an oaf from no name U. twice the money you do a legitimate prospect that was THE MAN on his team and who led or was close to leading the tourney in all the important stats for a big man.

Fact is we guaranteed an oaf and that guarantee eliminates competition, artificially reduces our ability to make offers to other more deserving players, and simply was a wrong-headed move in the first place.

W

Obviously, NBA people think he should be in the NBA. Two of the better talent evaluators in the league have placed him on their roster. First, he made Indiana's team as an undrafted rookie free agent. Now, he obviously showed enough in practices, limited time last season, and in summer league play this summer to get a contract from another team.

the fact that you mention 'big contracts' and then Hendu is comparison with Houston and Dampier's contract is laughable.

damp and houston's yeah, but though many here loathe his decline/injuries after signing 'that big contract'...it really wasn't that big of a contract. Just a long one.

Quote:

the fact that you mention 'big contracts' and then Hendu is comparison with Houston and Dampier's contract is laughable.

damp and houston's yeah, but though many here loathe his decline/injuries after signing 'that big contract'...it really wasn't that big of a contract. Just a long one.

Wasn't it like 9 million or something? Hendu's bestseason

didn't make him worth that.