• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Dunking lessons for JJ

WraithSentinel

what alarmed me was how they were dogging JJ on him not being a pg.

Lue looked good, and showed he can shoot well.

I think Lue was a bigger pick-up that we have given BK credit.

I am starting to doubt that JJ will be able to play pg, becaue Barkely wouldn't be saying that for nothing, especially how he was praising us the whole 1st quarter.

We'll have to see.

Quote:

what alarmed me was how they were dogging JJ on him not being a pg.

Lue looked good, and showed he can shoot well.

I think Lue was a bigger pick-up that we have given BK credit.

I am starting to doubt that JJ will be able to play pg, becaue Barkely wouldn't be saying that for nothing, especially how he was praising us the whole 1st quarter.

We'll have to see.

Barkley is pure entertainment and almost nobody takes

anything he says with importance. Actually, I think he

has became pretty predictable and lame. I knew he was

going to make that comment about the NO/ATL crowd...

Cant say that thought hasn't crossed my mind....

nobody in the game really looked that good. at least the didn't look like themselves...please lets not go off on tangents based on this exhibition game....it served its' purpose well

I think most of the guys main objective was to have fun and not get hurt. Nothing that happend in this game should change the perceptions, expectations or predictions of any of us...it was semi-all star game for a great cause

• Premium Member

Both Kenny and Barkley and many others know that JJ is not a PG... Moreover, we shouldn't play him there unless it becomes a dire need.

we should start the season with:

Lue, JJ, Chillz, Al, Zaza...

Then let the players work it out as to who is what... BUT JJ Isn't a PG.

He couldn't dribble past two forwards in the charity game.. What will happen in the real game with true Pgs on the floor?

His position is SG, that's where he dominates. He can shoot. Lue, Delk, or Ivey will get him the ball this year.

Just like hawks fans. Negative Negative Negative. Nobody out there was themselves Mcgrady missed a dunk, Dwayne Wade missed a dunk, Kobe Bryant missed a layup it was a charity game for gods sake nobody cared about the score just not to get injured and to support the cause plus have a little fun making people smile. To me I think JJ played way too much in this game. What you'll wanted him to play hard and get hurt he played safe and i like how he played.

Playing P.G. with your own team, after practice with them

and actually playing in pre season games with them, then

finding that it's not working will be far different than

playing in what was a pickup game for charity.

Give the guy, and the team and coaches, time to work on

this project. This is something new for him.

Then, if it is discovered that he either doesn't have the

physical or mental capacity, and it takes both, to get

the job done, we still end up with a pretty darned good

two guard.

wink.gif

Agreed, let them go through a months' worth of training camp and build some rapport and chemistry. He's going to have to learn the games of the guys he's playing with...learn where they like to get the ball....Heck, learn the damn offense for goodness sakes!

I know this is a message board and all. And, we're suppose to bring up topics and discuss them....I think we need to hold off on passing judgment on what JJ will or won't be able to do as a PG on this team.

Let's all be positive about everything until we have something to be negative about or something to at least be concerned about....And right now, we simply don't. It was a charity game that was put on in 30 hours...most of these guys looked like they cut their vacations short to come and support the cause.

I thought JJ looked pretty good out there handling the ball...I personally think he'll do very well in the old Scottie Pippen mold of the Bulls days...kinda a Point forward...never a true PG.

proof will be in the pudding. If he 'can't cut it' as the pg, I don't necessarily think that makes it a 'bad trade;' more depends on where the team goes from here;

would you say doing what Finley did for the Mavs made his signing a bad thing? Not the same situation...but they overpaid for him several years ago...but the franchise needed to pay for someone, just for respect purposes.

• Premium Member

I disagree...

If you could have picked up Allen of today in his 4th year in the league, how much would you pay him??

I think JJ's game is already better than Allen's game at the same time and I think he has the potential to eclipse T-Mac as a SG. The reason being is because he can handle the ball and he can shoot. He's not the outright scorer that T-Mac is right now, but then again, he hasn't been given the freedom to be the scorer that T-Mac has.

On top of everything else, he's about 6'8" 235...

I don't believe the hype as far as that is concerned. He will be an excellent SG.

Quote:

I disagree...

If you could have picked up Allen of today in his 4th year in the league, how much would you pay him??

I think JJ's game is already better than Allen's game at the same time and I think he has the potential to eclipse T-Mac as a SG. The reason being is because he can handle the ball and he can shoot. He's not the outright scorer that T-Mac is right now, but then again, he hasn't been given the freedom to be the scorer that T-Mac has.

On top of everything else, he's about 6'8" 235...

I don't believe the hype as far as that is concerned. He will be an excellent SG.

How many allstar games does JJ have?

How many big games has he lead a team too?

How big has his impact been in the NBA?

He isn't the unstoppable explosive player that Tmac

and Kobe are. Period. His high percentages have more to

do with the team he was on and the way he was used.

There are no Amare's on the Hawks team. No Steve Nashes

either.

When JJ gets some kind of accomplishment as a first option

then he can be linked to Ray Allen.