• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A trade we should make....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Donta Smith, Jason Collier for Mark Blount...

If this move is still possible after we get Batista, we should get Blount.

I am no fan of Blount, but I am a fan of 7'0ers. I think he'd be a nice project to have.

Once Boston trades Pierce, they will have more of the youth movement.. But they get Nene. I think with Lafrentz and Nene.. there's absolutely no need for Blount, plus, they would want to resign LaFrentz...

• Premium Member

Blount is set to make 5.5 million this year. That's cheap when you consider he's a 7 footer who can block shots. I don't know what you guys expect in exchange for Collier/Donta?

I mean... the deal is certainly fair.

You will get no other 7 footer for less.

In short, Blount is a big man, shot blocker. He's Theo with a small contract. In fact, he compares relatively favorably with Theo...

I just think he'd be a good project to have off the bench.. Another Nazr like player except, he's more defensive than offensive...

I would love to see us lineup with:

JJ, JC, JS, AL, MB on opening night.

My understanding is that Blount is soft as a twinkie too, so I doubt he would provide anything in the way of a defensive presence.

I think alot of people over-value blocked shots and assume that if someone can block shots that they are a good interior defender. Theo is a good example, great weak side shot blocker but did not offer much in the way of man-up post defense. Deke on the other hand, could block shots, but he was also a very good post defender, which made him much more valuable - and is why he can continue to play in the NBA even though he is 67.