• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Roster Moves?

floridaram

I keep reading rumors that the Hawks are attempting to trade for another player (probably a Center or a PF). Does anyone have any news or ideas on who the Hawks might be targeting? Personally, I would like to see them go after either PF Reggie Evans or Center Eddy Curry. I have read a rumor (probably a false one) that the Hawks were trying to start up talks again with the Bulls about trading for Curry.

For the right price I think Curry would be an excellent addition to the Hawks.

the only way for us to get Curry is to give up Harrington. I dont think that is a good deal for us. I say let Harrington play for us and we will evaluate ourselves at the trading deadline and see if he is worth trading. I would love to have Reggie Evans, I think he would be a huge pickup for us, if we get him we would have a real shot at the playoffs this year.

In the near future.

We already have Akyol, Andersen, Batista, Chillz, Smoove, M-Will, Stoudamire, Donta, Ivey, Edwards and Pachulia.

Akyol, Andersen, Batista, and Pachulia are all first round talents.

We could go two years without drafting, and still have some of the best young talents in the league.

Next year's draft class is pretty deep with bigmen(well we hope) and Chicago could easily get a good replacement for Curry.

We could throw in Collier/Delk/Donta and even Andersen.

Not too bad considering Chicago usually drafts well.

Quote:

the only way for us to get Curry is to give up Harrington. I dont think that is a good deal for us. I say let Harrington play for us and we will evaluate ourselves at the trading deadline and see if he is worth trading. I would love to have Reggie Evans, I think he would be a huge pickup for us, if we get him we would have a real shot at the playoffs this year.

Which lineup would you rather have?

C-Curry

PF-Smith

SF-Childress

SG-JJ

PG-Lue

or

C-Zaza

PF-Harrington

SF-Smith

SG-Childress

PG-JJ

w/ Reggie Evans off the bench

I think the first one is a much better upgrade especially with the debate raging on whether or not JJ can run the point.

That on this board our players are viewed as ten times as worst that what the really are.

I see Lue as a solid player in this league, a fringe starter but a hell of a backup PG.

People go crazy over Earl Watson like he is Magic.

People dog Marvin....but go crazy over Darko.

People want to trade Al for nothing but go crazy over NeNe.

it's not because lue is a hawk...it's because he stifles ball movement and pgs just jumpshoot right over him

he's fine as a backup..for now...he's not our solution at backup pg when we contend tho

but i didn't like him as a starter

collier/lue/al are the only current players i dont see being on our contending team (besides maybe edwards/batista whom we have no clue about yet)

i like the rest of the hawks and i like al, but can't see us paying so much for him and i also believe smoove needs to be starting pf, at least on defense

I'm not one of those people who think Marvin Williams will be the next Michael Jordan, but I certainly don't see that as a smart move. I'd have to see something more in Darko (like actual playing time) to make a move like that.

What have you seen from Darko that would make you think he can be even decent....but Marvin is already a bust and can hardly outplay Tim Thomas.

And with Ben and Rasheed gettin older...why would Detroit even entertain trading Darko if they thought he could develop his "skills" and be a factor...hell didn't they bring Elden Campbell out of retirement...it is not like they have a stable of young big men.

actually...you consider that Smoove can already play decent defense at the pf position (what most on this board would attest to)...and it got me thinking.

is there any better time to make Smoove 'learn' to play D at the SF/on the perimeter? The team's goals aren't incredibly high (playoffs etc.), he's still young and green, if Woody decides to pull him after a few mistakes, it may mean more PT for Williams (thus a 'friendly' rivalry to not screw up/ earn pt)...

versus say a year from now, or two...when we 'need' smoove to play the 3, but he hasn't learned how to do it yet and this costs us in the playoffs or regular season becuase we delayed instituting him on such a learning curve?

just a thought...