• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which lineup would you rather have?

Nicholasp27

to me, choice one has more depth and potential

assume that EVERYBODY pans out

we now can trade al for another piece and have JJ/Chill/Marvin/Smoove/Zaza

or

we have deron/chill/smoove/al/daly and no trading pieces

IF everyone pans out, bk's choice of jj/marvin/zaza will be a better, deeper team than the deron/daly choice (and that's only IF we coulda gotten daly/chandler...we prolly couldn't have)

exactly, which makes what bk has done even better...

even if we coulda gotten daly/chandler, what we have is STILL better

i know we didn't know we could get jj, but now that we have that hindsight, i don't see why we are hearing all the complaining about our current lineup

i guess some people just have no faith in jj or marvin

1) One doesn't know who would or wouldn't have signed if Paul or Deron were selected.

2) That includes BK, who wouldn't have known that JJ would have signed period.

Still, I would assume compare...

JJ, Chill, Smoove, Al, Za Za with Marvin coming off the bench to -

Paul or Deron, JJ, Chill, Al, Za Za with Smoove coming off the bench

I like the 2nd better given we would have a true Pg and JJ's best attribute (shooting) wouldn't be bottled up trying to play the point role. I would worry with Paul as I think large guards will expose him over time.

W

• Premium Member

I don't really understand the premise...

are you saying that we keep the 70 million, Diaw, and 2 picks??

Why add another variable...

Moreover, why introduce Dally? Are you saying we spend on him... That might have worked, but the sensibility is that he's not worth the money...

So you're saying:

Deron, Chill, Smoove, Al, Dally

vs.

JJ, Chill, Smoove, Al, Zaza?

What squad would be better?

Question: Couldn't we still get Zaza and Dally? I mean, I don't see how us getting one would forbid us getting the other? We had that much money.

• Premium Member

This is kinda might thought too..

JJ expressly said he wanted to play for US... It may have been the thought of Money or he may just wanted to be a Hawk.. So why does us getting Deron stop us from getting JJ...

Moreover, I am of the minority that believes that JChill is better suited at Sf than SG and that JJ is better suited at SG than PG.. I just believe that SGs should be able to shoot and that PGs should be able to run an offense.

That said, I think the best lineup would have been:

Deron, JJ, JC, Al, Zaza... With Smoove off the bench at the 3 and 4.

!

i don't think jj comes here if deron is our pick

bk brought him here to be pg...he doesn't spend 70mil+2 firsts+diaw on jj for sg when chill is bk's future sg

jj wanted to come here to be pg...he thinks he's more effective when he controls the ball and the team...if we had deron, jj may never have told phoenix he wanted them to let him go to atl

i think the odds of jj/deron offseason are very very very slim

• Admin

JJ wanted out of phoenix first and foremost. the situation was NOT we wanted JJ and phoenix didn't offer him enough. It was that phoenix didn't offer him enough, so he wanted to leave. We just happened to be the people with the most money and the best sales pitch.

I'm not dissing JJ. I'm just being realistic. His top priority was to get out of phoenix. If we had drafted a PG, it would not change the fact taht he would still fill a huge hole for us and it wouldn't change the fact taht we could offer him more money than anyone else, as well as a much larger role on the team.

Either situation would have gotten him what he wanted 1. Out of phoenix 2. MO MONEY. 3. Bigger role

that's true to some extent. I do think he wanted out of Phoenix regardless, and I do think alot of teams were after him. I'm not so sure that we'd go after him as hard, purely as a SG, but who knows. I also think JJ might pick a different team to play for if we have a point+JC.

To tell you the truth, I really don't care at this point. I am glad JJ is here, I am glad Marvin is here. I would have been ok with Deron, who would have made us better in the short term. We can only hope that Marvin will be the right choice in the long term.