• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Magloire traded to Bucks

KB21

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Bucks didn't really give up much if they're certain that Magloire's head is on straight.

It's a weird trade. NO should have gotten more for him, though they needed the sf/sg. To give up their 'best' player...guess they wanted someone who can run alongside Paul...

weird trade all-round though.

I do think it says that they should have the best 4-5 combo in the league now, or at least once Bogut finds his way. I think they are trying to be like the Spurs from a few years ago with Duncan and Robinson. Not saying either of these guys are that caliber, but really who can match up with those two AS A PAIR down low?

To me this makes no sense for either team. I guess it has to mean that either they think Bogut is a PF or that he is a couple of years from real PT. I'd assume the former.

Don't get this for the hornets at all either. Now they have no real C and it seems to me that they could have gotten better than Mason. I suppose the pick could be real nice, but this trade kills them for this season. I guess it might be a planned tank like when we shipped Walker

Either way, I already really liked Milwaukee's odds, now I like them better. I just find it odd that they'll apparently play Bogut at PF. I suppose he can be a PF in the same way Duncan can though, why not

Yeah I am very confused on that move. Why draft Bogut and not sign Zsa Zsa, if you felt that you needed another big man. Are they not confortable with Bogut and the other big men they have? Do they think they made a big mistake in letting Zsa Zsa walk?

Bogut must not be the big man they thought they were getting.

Quote:

Desmond Mason along with some other stuff are going to the Hornets.

Now, tell me something. Didn't Milwaukee just draft Andrew Bogut with the first overall pick? Are they questioning that pick now with the trade for Magloire?

Milwaukee needed a PF in a bad way....they were experimenting with Mason and Simmons playing the 3/4 and it was not working out.

Bet they go big at some time this season, starting both Magloire and Bogut.

I had forgotten that the bucks got simmons. Now this trade makes more sense to me. At the very least they got a player that has more tradable, and they got more depth where it is hard to find depth. I thought that they were left with a gaping hole at the 3 but Ford/Redd/Simmons should do just fine on the court. Good trade.

• Premium Member

With Joe Smith and his injured Knee.

Toni Kukoc injured all the time.

and Bobby Simmons (not really a PF)..

I think this was a move that will tighten up Milwaukee's frontline. I think Bogut will be used as a Laettner/Duncan type 4. I don't think he's nearly as dominant as his hype made him out to be and may spend time on the bench watching Toni/Gadzuric run the PF position for a while.

He definitely has flop potential..

This past draft definitely has the ability to be the weakest since 2000 when you had Martin, Swift, Miles, Fizer, Miller, Johnson, Mihm as the top 7.