• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Can we cut John Edwards now?

Blunt91

I have no earthly idea of why Billy Knight gave Edwards a million dollar deal. This guy is horrible.He doesn't look like the 265lbs he is listed as being. Troy Murphy looked more heavier than Edwards last night. I would rather have Cal Bowdler or Hanno Mottola as a backup center than this guy. I predict he will be waived before the season is over.

• Moderators

I don't know why we don't sign Googs unless he wants to retire. We need someone to give Al a break. Edwards would be good if he learns to hit some people. He's never going to play more than 10-15 minutes why should he not use every foul he has. If the guys are getting that deep in the lane then he needs to pound them. I know its ugly but you have to have it. How hard is that to coach.

Revisting my earlier post in relation to the John Edwards signing http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showflat....prev=#Post99372

Dated August 26.

The guy is cannon fodder, nothing else. A grocery bagger. From the list of guys I could see giving us the same or more that can be traded for or had in a low FA deal,

Sean Kemp,

Alvin Jones (as of last year he was in europe and contributing),

Popeye, Bluto or Olive Oil,

Borchardt,

Olawakandi,

any one of the backstreet boys,

Nene,

and a list of any other guys in the league, on cartoons or in boy bands.

It hurts to watch.

Quote:

Sean Kemp,

Alvin Jones (as of last year he was in europe and contributing),

Popeye, Bluto or Olive Oil,

Borchardt,

Olawakandi,

any one of the backstreet boys,

Nene,

In all fairness, Kemp will not give you anything, he's just done. Kandi man will not come anywhere near that cheap. He makes 6 mil this year and is barely better. Nene is out for the season. Alvin will not give you more than Edwards. I had high hopes for him, but he failed miserably at the NBA level.

Borchardt might work