• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

That was a really good game

Admin

Falcons didn't beat the Dolphins. The Fish beat themselves.

They passed well. They ran well. Then, they tried to change things by doing something that wouldn't work

and then couldn't make a first down.

This team is scary, if they could eliminate their mistakes

and some of those things that drew the flags.

Despite the fact that many people thought he couldn't

do it, guess Vick CAN pass a little bit. Dunn ran well.

We, the Falcons, missed Duckett.

Good smashmouth football from both sides. Good game.

wink.gif

The Falcons also beat themselves as much as the Dolphins did with those turnovers. That was a 10 point swing at least.

I will say this, the Falcons run defense is weaker this year than last year , and the main cause of it is not having Ed Jasper. Something is still bothering Allen Rossum, the return game on special teams isn't going right. The Dolphins strength is the run game which is also our strength, but I thought our passing game had the best game of the year , our pass rush of defensive line had one of its worst games, our secondary had its best game, kind of unusual things happened in this game.

I would say that the Falcons outright beat the Dolphins. However, the Falcons almost beat themselves with those turnovers.

It's hard to say the Dolphins played just as well when they had 1/3 the first downs and half the yardage that the Falcons did.

Still, I think the fins have a future with the running game and the defense of theirs. They won't make the playoffs this year, but they'll have some pieces for a run in the next 2-3 yrs.

a major part of that is because of Frerotte's inability to consistently hit WRs, which has caused Linehan (the OC) to dumb down the playbook and its seriously affected the Dolphins passing game.

The Dolphins D is aging and thats a problem. The pass defense is probably the worst I have seen in 10 years so take the Falcons passing success with a grain of salt.

Next year hopefully the Dolphins will land Leinart (doubtful) or Vince Young (possible) and that will fix a lot of problems with us. There is far too much talent on offense to look so bad, but its growing pains.

I am not a Vick basher. I think that he is overrated, but he is still a top QB ... however there are several QBs in the league I would rather have.

Also, while Young doesnt have Vicks freakish athleticism, he is a far more intelligent player when it comes to the passing game. It has taken Vick years to get where he is. In college he was garbage passing the ball except on playaction when the defense would get fooled and he would throw deep. Young can actually run an offense right now. But yes, I will be critical of him just as I am of any other QB.

• Admin

it was a good game, but it should have been a blowout statement game.

Once again the Falcons receivers show that they lack consistant playmaking ability. Finneran gets a beautiful pass with perfect touch in the endzone and drops it.. At least Roddy White is showing why we drafted him. Good to see he and Vick developing some timing together. Crup was also his usual solid self.

Glass-Jaw Griffith cost us another 7. I like him and his ability. But I guarantee you that opposing defenses will make it a point to tell their guys to hit him HARD any chance they get. He gets shook up far too easily.

Our run game is world class. Not having Truck on the field hurt Warrick some. But he was still the stud he's been all year.

Our defense is solid. But we're still missing something. Moving Brooking to the middle has made him a factor again. But we're still late getting to guys and our tackling is BAD. We could have stopped Ricky on that goal line TD run. But some clown thought it would be better to put a shoulder on him than actually try to wrap him up. It's frustrating to see guys get slowed down coming through the hole. But not brought down.

The Falcons were able to move the ball all day long, but they were fortunate to win with the big fumble inside the 10 and the dropped TD by Finneran.

Of course, if McMichael doesnt drop that TD pass, the score at the end is 17-14 and maybe Miami kicks a tying FG instead of going for it on 4th down that one play with Ronnie, which was successful.

Overall I enjoyed the game. Hated to lose, but it was a good game. The Falcons are a very good running team and Vick threw the ball well (against a poor passing D, but well nevertheless) ... I just dont think that you guys can win it all until you shore up the run D.

At least the fins are trying to do something different. They were in that 10-6 or 9-7 and just miss the playoffs or lose in the first round mode for years.

The Falcons do need to stop the run better, and it's confusing why they've actually regressed in that area since last year. The loss of Ed Hartwell hurts, but he will be back next year, I think.

I really think the Falcons are 1 yr away from going to the Bowl, given that they make the right moves. I'm not sure what they need, really, because the 3 linebackers are great (at least they seem to be) and the line is pretty good, too. I'm thinking that they need a hulking run stuffer beside Coleman in the interior line.

realize. Jasper and Hall were CLEARLY our two best D-linemen against the run last year. At tackle, Coleman, Lavalais and Lake are all average against the run at best. At ends, Kerney and Smith are average as well. I hope that the young guys like Shropshire at DT, Babineaux at DE/DT and Davis at DE can step up against the run because we need it bad. I know our philosophy involves quicker, more athletic DT's but it sure would be nice to plug in a 320+ pounder who can't be moved out of the middle in running situations.

The linebackers are decent against the run. They sometimes have a hard time shedding blocks but they are as fast as any group in the league (except for Denver) from sideline to sideline. The safeties are well below average in all aspects but particularly against the run. Neither Scott nor Carpenter is aggressive enough against the run and they don't strike fear in anyone with the threat of a big hit.