• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

1. Nazr - Nah, we don't need a center

2. Pryzbilla - Same as above

3. Diaw - We have 3's all over the place i.e. Chillz and Marvin

The first two should not have left. We got nothing for them. Shame on BK.

You say he let Pryzbilla go as if he had some sort of rights over him. Pryzbilla was an unrestricted free agent who went where he wanted to go.

Nazr was probably his biggest mistake, but it was not exactly a huge mistake. it was dumb, but not that big a deal. He's not exactly a stud.

yeah

that's one of the biggest misconceptions on this board

pryz was a fa and we have zero reports saying he was interested in resigning here...we have no clue if he told bk he wanted to go elsewhere or if bk decided not to pursue him...

nazr did not end up working well, but he wasn't a stud and made decent money...still, would be nice to have him backing up zaza right about now

There are some things that a GM sees that we don't. Like for example whether or not guys even want to be part of a rebuilding process. The professional thing to do is to let guys that don't want to be part of the organization anymore go, either via trade or via not picking up options or signing them as restricted free agents. We don't know all the information here. I seriously doubt whether either Pryz or Nazr wanted to be here under the circumstances with the dearth of big men in the league, so they would likely have other options.

Look at the Falcons for instance, they have let guys go that didn't want to be part of the organization and signed guys that did want to be.

• Premium Member

How about the Charlotte Bobcats? They like the Hawks started from scratch. How would you compare the two teams. It appears to me that Charlotte is much farther along than the Hawks.

I don't think in the NBA you can throw away an entire roster and expect to rebuild within five years. I'm as big Hawks fan as anyone, but this isn't turning things around any time soon.

Charlotte had the advantage a true expansion team has, where there is an expansion draft (which works nice in the NBA) you can pick and choose scraps other teams make available to you that you think fits together. It isn't so simple to completely rebuild and not have the advantage of being an expansion team which the Hawks did. Not as many options are available personnel wise.

• Premium Member

Then the hawks should not have taken that route. I'm telling you if the Hawks don't start winning and fans are not in the seats, management will have to make decisions. This is a business and not a hobby. This team must make money for the ownership. Us fans sit on the sidelines and enjoy things happening, but owning a business myself, you are there to make money. If the team does not win fans will not come to the game and if they don't come there is no revenue!

This team does not even look like it has a clue. There are two legit players at this time in JJ and Al. The rest are young guys who do not know how to play the game. Marvin and smooth are way to young. Chillz is a role player at best, Salim is a 6th man type of player with shooting being his only skill, and ZaZa is more of a off the bench player. It's not going to be pretty again this year for sure.

Just an old guy's .02

I don't really buy that. The Hawks are actually in better shape than a lot of teams. NY, Philly and Portland have high payrolls and are still bad. They are really screwed. And teams that are mediocre like Minny, Memphis or Utah will have a tough time improving

How do you think San Antonio became such a force? They were a lousy team and were able to draft David Robinson. Then when he got hurt one year they sucked bad enough that they were able to draft Duncan. If they had been average they couldn't have done that. Granted there probably aren't any players coming up in '06 on that level but at least the Hawks have a good chance of making major improvements quickly.

Give the Hawks a pg who can push the ball and break down the D and this team would look completely different. I don't think they are that far away from being a good team.

The Hawks had to take that route or we would have been in the same boat we were in most of the Babcock years, good enough to make the playoffs, sometimes even first tier, but still get eliminated in the first round after Dominique was traded. The best rebuilding projects have taken place over several years, the Bulls were bad for years before they finally figured it out with young players, after they traded the young pieces that didn't fit for guys that did fit.