• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody accepts POSITiONAL play.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm not one to say that we look better or worst because I know we are young. There were parts of last night's game that was good.

However, I do see that Woody has gone back to respecting Positional play.

The things that we lack right now:

A ball handler outside of Lue/JJ.

Interior defense.

The interior defense may be coaching... But there was a lot of getting there late and not reacting last night.

I don't see how anyone could not like the Al/JJ Show! Al/JJ are going to be good together. Especially when Al is 100%. But we need another Ballhandler.

Maybe this is a call for Ivey to step up.

Or Maybe we should keep our eyes open for trade possibilities.

My plan involves working through this season and in the draft getting Rondo.

However, I realize that we need to see some kind of fruit now if Woody/BK will stay.

Maybe we can workout a deal for Beno Udriah. It seems like he's the odd man out in San Antonio with them getting NVE. I would consider giving them Smoove for him... But there's still time to let the team grow!

If we get a top 3 pick Billy Knight won't draft a PG. He will get a Euro player like Tiago Splitter(Supposedly is athletic & can block shots) or the other guy who's initials or A.B. This team needs a true Pointguard. We aren't a team like the Lakers or Mavericks who don't need a true point to be succesfull.

Quote:

My plan involves working through this season and in the draft getting Rondo.

However, I realize that we need to see some kind of fruit now if Woody/BK will stay.

I agree Rondo would be a very good fit. However they also need help inside and I would bet Knight would use the first pick on a big man.

Hopefully they can swing a trade for another pick.

It's a shame because we had a true point guard and we got rid of him- Bobby Sura. He was everything you want plus would walk through fire for you. I wrote a letter to Knight and personally pleaded with him to sign him when we had him 2 years ago but I guess he knew better! Now we're paying for it; and forget the draft because we used our pick this year for still another tweener forward which we have a glitz of. Long season fellows.

• Premium Member

I don't think we should hope for a big man out of college. That takes a few years of development time. I think that a Zaza/AL/Sf Frontcourt could be very effective If we can find a Big Backup C who can rebound or if we can get a Big C like Olowakhandi in FAcy...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yeah, but Salim or Lue was on the floor with JJ most of the time.

Well, someone has joined my train. I didn't expect it to be Diesel, but I'll take ya'. wink.gif

What Woodson has moved away from isn't so much the "JJ as the lead ballhandler" thing, but the "Childress the non-shooter as SG" thing.

It's created a HUGE logjam of SF's on this team, when the only one who deserves to start there is Al.

The Hawks have THREE young players who need time to develop at their natural position (SF, although Josh Smith is debatable), but not enough time to develop them.

IMO, a package needs to be put together that brings this team a starter at PF who blocks shots and rebounds.

The interior defense may be coaching... But there was a lot of getting there late and not reacting last night."

I don't blame that on Woody. The Hawks don't have enough

shot blockers or big men. I don't think there is alot he

can do about that.

The problem is none of the players have really improved

under Woodson and his inability to reach Boris really

makes the Hawks look like lame @sses for trading him.

JJ was overshowed by Kobe last night. Whatever JJ did,

Kobe just done better it seemed like. So yeah, whatever

about him.

Quote:

JJ was overshowed by Kobe last night. Whatever JJ did, Kobe just done better it seemed like. So yeah, whatever

about him.

so jj is just 'whatever' since the best sg in the league did better than him?

is jermaine just 'whatever' when kg/duncan do better? what about amare, brand, dirk, etc?

jj defends, shoots, distributes (to the open man!), and draws double/triple teams

how can u just be 'whatever' about him?

Quote:

It's a shame because we had a true point guard and we got rid of him- Bobby Sura.

you have got to be kidding me. Sura is not a pure point, he is a score first PG who can also hit the open man. Also he is not all that good. He is like a significantly less talented stephon marbury. not a pure PG. Over his career he has averaged under 4 assists per game in 24 minutes per game. He also is getting old and injury prone.

He didn't look like a top 10 PG to me. He's back at SG

so that hints at it aswell.

Kobe Bryant

LaBron James

Paul Pierce

Tracy McGrady

Ray Allen

Vince Carter

Ginobilli

Dwayne Wade

Allen Iverson

Top SG's. Alot of it depends on how you rank them. Some might rank Allen Iverson as a PG, but he's still a SG to

me....

I think JJ is somewhere in the Redd or Jason Richardson

side... I think I'd take J-Rich over JJ because he's more

explosive and is still a 20/5/3 guy or so.

Quote:

i think he did go toe to toe with kobe, especially in the first half

and it's only his 4th game on the team...give him time to get adjusted and he'll only play better

he may not be kobe, but he's definitely a top 10 sg and top 10 pg

You are kidding yourself if you think JJ is a point guard, let alone one of the ten best point guards in the league.