LaBron James

Paul Pierce

Tracy McGrady

Ray Allen

Vince Carter

Ginobilli

Dwayne Wade

Allen Iverson

Lebron, Pierce and McGrady are small forwards.

It is early but right now I have to say JJ looks better than I thought he was. I really didn't like the trade that brought him here. I was like "Why give up so much for a guy who isn't an AllStar". And then putting him at pg, which I still think is a joke.

However he handles the ball very well and has good court vision, so at least now I understand why they thought he could play point, even though it won't work. His all around skills have been impressive. Also while he doesnt seem to be very fast he does have good quickness, especially laterally. That plus his strength make him a good defender.

I would say based on what little I have seen that he is a legit All-Star candidate at the 2.

• Premium Member

You can't judge JJ by what we gave up.. You have to judge him by what he brings...

Tell me, what would have been the score last night if we wouldn't have traded for JJ?

Would we have been more competitive or less competitive with Boris in place of JJ?

Would Boris have outplayed Kobe?

How well would Boris and 2 picks to be determined later done against Kobe last night? Would they have scored more points than JJ?

• Moderators

JJ had a great game and he was the primary ball handler much of the time. Kobe went off because there was no team defense not because JJ did a poor job.

What I don't get about these first 4 games is not that we lost its that we look worse than last year. They seem to think that they play hard in the 1st half and collapse but the truth is they don't play that hard in the first half either. Just the other teams aren't playing that hard. The Hawks never step up the intensity.

With the way Chill and Smoove are playing why not give Marvin more minutes. He is basically a Josh that can shoot.

Still I love his game and Stotts loved him too. He would have fit in pretty well right now. Ty can't handle the duties by himself. We need someone else who can handle the ball!! How can you criticize a man who gives 1,000% all the time! The AJC indicated there was no excitement last night. Bobby Sura was exciting!!

I posted this in another forum but I think we need a slasher. We need someone to get to the foul line and draw defenders for kickouts to jumpshooters. Therefore I think we should trade Harrington for Corey Maggette. My lineup

JJ/Lue

Maggette/Salim

Marvin W/Childress

Josh Smith/Batista

Zaza/Edwards

Maggette is one of the best in the league at getting to the foul line. His ability to attack the rim will free up JJ, Marvin and Salim off the bench for jumpers. Josh can play power forward to utilize his shot blocking skills and to develop into a Kenyon Martin type of player

Childress could also be traded in order to acquire a big man.

JJ can run the point of we have someone at the two who can handle the ball and draw double teams. Zaza would become our main post threat.

Currently the Clippers plan to play Maggette out of position at the 3. Getting Harrington would give them a true SF and would create a formidable front line with Al and Brand. The money also works out salary wise. Al's expiring contract should be attractive to a cheapskate like Sterling...not to mention that the Clippers were winning without the injured Maggette anyway.

Quote:

You can't judge JJ by what we gave up.. You have to judge him by what he brings...

Tell me, what would have been the score last night if we wouldn't have traded for JJ?

Would we have been more competitive or less competitive with Boris in place of JJ?

Would Boris have outplayed Kobe?

How well would Boris and 2 picks to be determined later done against Kobe last night? Would they have scored more points than JJ?

It's simple... Kobe produced more than JJ. He was more

effective.

The Hawks aren't competetive. The Hawks are so low right

now that lower isn't going to make much of a difference.

This team MIGHT win 13 games. Bottom of the barrell.

The point is that the Hawks are so bad right now it doesn't

matter if JJ plays or not. I mean, they done atleast this

well without him last year.

It's early, but I don't think JJ has improved the Hawks

anymore than Walker did at the start of last year. He

brings some ball handling and some sort of Steve Smith

like game, and that's not bad. But, it's not on the elite

level and elite is the type of player the Hawks have

paid for basically.

available at either position. Also, I would NOT rule out drafting Rudy Gay if indeed he is the best player in the draft (I'm not sure that is the case) and then trading him, Al, Smoove or Marvin to get the big man we need. I wonder if Toronto would do Bosh for Gay/Smoove? Heck, I might trade Gay, Smoove AND Chillz for Dwight Howard.

Pachulia

Bosh

Harrington/Marvin

JJ/Chillz

Lue/Salim

Quote:

It's simple... Kobe produced more than JJ. He was more

effective.

The Hawks aren't competetive. The Hawks are so low right

now that lower isn't going to make much of a difference.

This team MIGHT win 13 games. Bottom of the barrell.

The point is that the Hawks are so bad right now it doesn't

matter if JJ plays or not. I mean, they done atleast this

well without him last year.

It's early, but I don't think JJ has improved the Hawks

anymore than Walker did at the start of last year. He

brings some ball handling and some sort of Steve Smith

like game, and that's not bad. But, it's not on the elite

level and elite is the type of player the Hawks have

paid for basically.

Gotta love all of the negativity from Hotlanta. This dude is completely judging JJ on 4 games. Like he's supposed to come out and play like Michael Jordan or something. The guy goes 11 - 20 FG, pumps in 26 points to keep us in the game, yet, that's still not enough for Hotlanta.

What about the other guys Hot?

People have been saying all along that Chill and Smoove MUST step up their games and play better. If they played ANYTHING like they did at the end of last year, we'd probably be 2 - 2 right now . . not 0 - 4.

Ask Kobe what the difference in actually having "help" feels like? He had Devean George, Lamar Odom, and Smush Parker giving him tremendous help the entire game. Kobe's 37 points kept the Lakers in the game. It was the play of the others that acutally "won" the game for them. Without Smush's 21 points, the Lakers either lose . . or barely win last night. But the guy knocked down just about every open shot he had.

The question isn't about JJ. The question is when is Smoove going to have a 15 point - 10 rebound game? When is Chill going to have a 18 point - 7 rebound - 4 assist game? When are either of these guys going to step up and start knocking down shots when we need a basket the most?

These are the guys that truly need to step up and help JJ and Al, and turn this thing around.

JJ could've scored 40 last night, and we'd still probably would've lost.

Just keep the hate coming if we start to win. Don't waver on your hate.

If we don't get another player for the rest of this year and we have to play with the cards dealt then I think Ivey will have to see increased minutes. I like the JJ Al show also and I even like the Salim Show at times. I want to get excited about ZaZa willingness to mix it up but he has been a liability on the defensive end --- I dont know if it is scheme or talent. I am leading toward scheme because everyone looks lost.

I'm with many people in wanting to know what's going on in the locker room at the half. Our 3rd quarter beatdowns have returned from the past few seasons. I also agree that our timeouts/current rotation is suspect. I won't comment on the other things I'm thinking because I haven't had a chance to actually "see" any of the games.

I've been racking my brain over the rotation. It seems like we have all the players we need (after Delk returns) to get into a halfway decent one. Yes, it would be nice to have an extra presence underneath, but I'm beginning to wonder if Smooth should be moved to PF already. Here's what I'm thinking

Starters

PG Tony Delk - like I said, when he's healthy

SG Joe Johnson - if he's showing, let him play

SF Al Harrington - being the man without being 100%

PF Josh Smith - allows him help on D, plus our playermakers find him when he's on the floor

C Zaza Pachulia - votes in for surprise player of the year

Rotation

1 - Childress

2 - Lue

3 - M.Will

4 - Salim (though he should actually be 2nd)

On a side note...

I do want to say that it hurt extra bad when I read what was said on ESPN's Daily Dime (announcers "exaggerated" count, smoking equipment, etc). Let's hope the third thing that happens to the team (bad things are supposed to happen in three's) isn't too traumatic.

• Premium Member

What I believe about Zaza is that he's very talented but still very Raw. Defensively, you're right, everybody is lost. I heard somebody say maybe Woody hasn't dumb down the defense enough. That seems like it can be a good conclusion. I hate to say it, but maybe the Hawks need to play the old faithful 2-3 zone defense when their not in man coverage. They play something similar, but somehow, they leave big holes in the middle of the defense.

I also think that we should just play with what we have. I wouldn't make any changes right now. This year may be a losing year. However, we're building something. When you're building something, you can't change it because you're afraid.

1. The Players are young.

2. The coach is unexperienced.

3. The team has not played together long.

We can't continually change everything and expect these players to get it.

Now, Bad attitudes, they can go.

If JSmoove keeps acting like a Bitch, he will be a bitch on the bench!

He had Devean George, Lamar Odom, and Smush Parker giving him tremendous help the entire game. Kobe's 37 points kept the Lakers in the game. It was the play of the others that acutally "won" the game for them. Without Smush's 21 points, the Lakers either lose . . or barely win last night. But the guy knocked down just about every open shot he had."

Devean George?? Since when has he been of any real help? What

has Smush Parker done in his NBA career besides go from bench

to bench? Please. The only way these guys are going to do

anything is because of the attention paid to Kobe.

"

People have been saying all along that Chill and Smoove MUST step up their games and play better. If they played ANYTHING like they did at the end of last year, we'd probably be 2 - 2 right now . . not 0 - 4."

I doubt they will. Neither are really good at creating their

own shot or anything. I guess we knew this last year, but

it doesn't look like either is really improved in that area

and you have to wonder if it's coaching, or they just don't

have the ability to get better.

I'm simply pointing out that JJ wasnt as effective as Kobe

last night even though that is what he should be doing

considering what was given up for him.

"

Just keep the hate coming if we start to win. Don't waver on your hate."

Shyt.. I jut hope I'm still alive when they do.

I was trying to be upbeat about this. But hey, 3 games into

the season Billy Knights vision has already shown signs of

being a failure. What position is JJ playing now???

So whatever. If you want to keep falling for this stuff

year after year it's up to you. I guess must of the fans

feel no other choice but to say... Hey, THIS TIME it's

gunna be different... We are on the right track this time.