• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stephon Marbury is on the block (NY Post)

NYHawk

This would be a nice fit here. We desperately need a point guard and veteran leadership to bring out the best in our young guys. JJ can go back to playing his natural position. I think with a record of 0 and 4 we can end the experiment of playing best five, regardless fo their best position. If Hawk management is listening, please at least explore getting Steph. He's an all star caliber point. The draft doesn't look good next year. Our options to improve are to trade or sign free agents. I hope the Hawks seriosuly explore this opportunity.

Boy it be nice to dream playoffs one day.

It was pitiful to see so many empty seats last night. This has to send a message to Hawk ownership.

• Premium Member

The problem is that the only way we could get Marbury would be to give up Al... Also, I don't know what kind of relationship JJ and SM had in Phoenix?

I think for the future, it's important to keep Al around. He's our most consistent player and his offense is helpful to JJ.

I think we can hold out...

Even if this year is chalked up to a learning year... Keep the depth..

Next year... Without the draft:

Cenk/Lue

JJ/Chillz

Al/

Marvin/Smoove/Batista

Zaza/

If we can get David Andersen (finally)... Then we go into the draft with a high pick. I would take either Gay, Rondo or Ronnie Brewer...

I think our hopes lie with the development of Cenk in Europe and his willingness to come to US... Also if we can get one bruiser.. The Long awaited David Andersen or Randolph Morris!

• Admin

They are overpaid and don't help their team win. Both are shoot first point guards and if u follow their careers they don't seem to make their team better when they arrive there. Marbury has been all over the place and his salary is outlandish. I don't want Francis or Marbury personally.

JJ and Marbury relationship was okay, but everybody knows Marbury is a shoot first point guard that is talented enough to still get decent assist numbers. His problem is he wants the ball in his hands all the time and he doesn't make the players around him better.

If we just sit pat, we will have close to the worst record in the league AGAIN.

A GM has a duty to try and shape his team into a contender. I think we have a better shot to improve if we trade for Marbury or Francis, rather than do nothing.

At 0 and 4, we have nothing to lose!!!

We need to keep Harrington and sign him to an extension. Things are starting to clear up a little in terms of keepers and losers.

Keepers (We have to hold on to these guys):

Salim

JJ

Marvin Williams

Al Harrington

Zsa Zsa

Tradeable pieces with value:

Chillz

Smoove

Donte

Delk

Quote:

We need to keep Harrington and sign him to an extension.

Harrington really isn't that good. Last year he averaged 17.5/7 in big minutes, which is nothing special. He is too small, lazy and lacks the hops to defend the paint. He doesn't have the perimeter game to play the 3. Basically he is good for a 6th man role on a good team but I don't see him as a long term starter here.

Quote:

They are overpaid and don't help their team win. Both are shoot first point guards and if u follow their careers they don't seem to make their team better when they arrive there. Marbury has been all over the place and his salary is outlandish. I don't want Francis or Marbury personally.

Absolutely agree. The Hawks are just going to have to bit the bullet this year and get a point guard in the draft next year - Rando, Gibson, whomever.

I will say, Hawks would be looking a lot better with Chris Paul at point.

Harrington is a solid player whether he is a 6th man in the future or not. He is a talent we don't need to lose in this rebuilding stage. There is no drop off whether he is coming off the bench or not in the future.

Right now he and JJ are the only two reliable scorers on this squad. We probably wouldn't win a game without Al.

We can't keep giving our best players away only getting potential!! We have a solid nucleus, lets not break this nucleus, lets build around it.