• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's plan for the Hawks 5 games in...

Diesel

• Premium Member

We wait for development.

The knee jerk reaction is to want to trade and fire everybody. However, the prudent thing to do is to wait on the development of our young players. We should have realistic goals for the team. Not to say that 50 wins is out crazy.gif but let's be more honest.

I say, we are going along the right path... Right now, Woody is trying to figure out what he has. While he does that, he can't let them get too comfortable in mediocrity. He also has to stress winning.

Re-sign Al

Al is the best player we have. Period!

Remember we have Cenk on the way

Not a savior, but probably a better PG than what we have.

Right now, I can't even begin to point to a PG or a C that we can get that would be worth our effort. I mean, the only thing that really comes to mind is picking up Olowakhandi in FAcy... And if we did that, then when does he play?

I say that we have a better shot at getting Randolph Morris. He can't be drafted, he will come in as an unsigned FA. Maybe we can pick him up in March and let him get acquainted with our team... Then when FAcy rolls around, we would be the team in line that can offer him the most money?

Al was a huge momentum killer last night when we were clawing back into the game and he tried to drive and got swatted by Brand ... in fact, how many times did Brand and Kaman swat him last night? I realize his ankle is hurting, but he shouldnt be trying to dribble drive past anyone from the 3pt line.

As far as the best player is concerned, thats clearly JJ. He is by far our best shooter, scorer and defender.

Quote:

Re-sign Al

Al is the best player we have. Period!

I have to disagree with you here. I believe Joe Johnson is the best player we have, with Al second. I would like to see Al return next year, because neither of the josh's are ready to contribute on a consistent basis.

Of the two Josh's, i'm more disappointed with Childress, simply because he has more experience. Even after sliding down to the small forward spot, he has been virtually invisible during long stretches of his time on the floor. Marvin is more productive, and it might be time for him to start.

Gotta vote with JJ being our best player.

Also disappointed with both Josh's. At this point I'm more disappointed with Smoove. Childress does not bring much, but at least he isn't turning the ball over and shooting 30%. Smoove is bringing no presence so far this season.

Marvin looks like a better player than any of our picks last year and so does Salim.

Yeah, I would start Salim and Marvin, with JJ AL and Z.

Between Marvin Salim and JJ...even AL at times ....we can get the ball up the floor and in our sets...while Salim is not a great defender he is pesky enough to guard PGs in this league...especially if Nash and JT can start in this league.

Defensively, this group may be better than the group with Lue and Childress.

Offensively, I think having Marvin Salim and JJ on the floor together would open the interior for AL and Z.

This group would also be more aggressive, which is something we definately need.

We need to do this in the next game and give it a 10 game run to see how effective we can be.

i agree and disagree

agree:

wait - definitely calm down and wait until january/february to start deciding what the next move should be, which may be no move

rmorris - we have good shot at rmorris; but i think we have a much better than good shot; i think that when he's ready to play ball, if we want him, he's ours 90+%

cenk - i'm hopeful he can develop into a decent manu-like player

disagree:

al is best player - definitely jj, not al

al should be re-signed - i'm not sure yet; need to wait until jan/feb to decide and then it depends on the money more than anything

cenk pg - all signs are that cenk is a sg, so i wouldn't say he's a better pg than what we have (jj/ivey)...but he may develop into a better pg, yes

the joshes are slumping right now, but i have faith that they will be back in action and in our good graces within a month; give them time; especially i feel that chill is just in a slump; smoove may or may not be attitude

who i wanna draft depends on the development this year, what we do with al, and the development of cenk/andersen/rmorris

if we have andersen/rmorris coming down the pipeline and rmorris has improved, then skip drafting a big like splitter cause we'll have za/andersen/rmorris plus our pfs (al/smoove/marvin/batman? not sure yet who will work out long-term)

if we don't have rmorris coming down and we lose al and cenk shows more pg play and jj is working out at pg and slim is improving his pg play, then go for the big instead of the pg like rondo

near future. Though five games is not enough to paint a picture of JChill's current ability. Compared to M. Williams, JJ, Al, JSmoove, and even Donta, JChill seems considerably slower and less athletic than those guys. So, his ball skills (dribbling, passing, shooting, game IQ, etc.) must improve. Otherwise, I don't think he is athletic enough to contribute to this team as it currently stands and he becomes trade bait before the trade deadline.

Not only is Al not our best player now but by the end of the season he may well be behind Zaza and Marvin. People are underrating Zaza. If you give him as many touches and minutes as Al got last year there is no question in my mind he would be more productive, especially on the boards and getting to the ft line.

if zaza ever learns some good post moves and is able to finish around the rim, watch out

he already scores double digits due to free throws since he draws fouls

and 6 assists last game was nice

he just needs to grow and develop and improve and we could have ourselves a nice lil top 5ish center (are there even 5 good centers anymore?)

Quote:

After watching the game live last night JJ is our best player. Just look at the stats and you will find out. He would score more if we had a decent PG.

I thought he was going to be your PG? Wasn't that the point of sending all those picks? He was going to be your 6'7" point guard - posting up the little guys and creating opportunities all over the court for your swingmen. 5 games in is that being abandoned?

Quote:

Quote:

After watching the game live last night JJ is our best player. Just look at the stats and you will find out. He would score more if we had a decent PG.

I thought he was going to be your PG? Wasn't that the point of sending all those picks? He was going to be your 6'7" point guard - posting up the little guys and creating opportunities all over the court for your swingmen. 5 games in is that being abandoned?

Yes.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes.

LOL, well it doesn't get any clearer than that.

Come on guys did any of you really believe that JJ would be a full time pg?

I was heavily against the trade when it happened. I wanted them to just sign JJ and force the Suns to match. I didn't think JJ was worth the max and I still don't but I have to admit he looks better than I thought he would.

I think he can average over 20 ppg at sg along with 5 boards and assists. Obviously he is not a selfish player. I think this deal may end up working out even though it was ill conceived.

Quote:

Quote:

Yep. It didn't last long did it?? Already a sign of failure

in BK's plan. Fire him!