• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Opinion's on JJ so far

RMJ

i'm a big fan

he played good defense on kobe

he actually drives the ball in, then dishes to an open man once the defense collapses on him (pay attention lue and jt)

he can post up inside and finish inside

his fts haven't been falling, but that's just variance and/or the hawks curse; same with his jumpers

we need more games to find out fully what we got, but whatever we got, it's definitely very very good

JJ is our best player, but I agree with a post below that he would be more effective if we had a good PG. He is asked to do too much because of our lack of balance on the perimeter and no threat of scoring down low. He sees constant double teams and he still manages to put up real good numbers. No one has come close to stopping him one-on-one, but he has to be the point and the shooting guard and last night he pulls down 10 boards. He is exceeding many peoples expectations. And at only 24, he still has an upside in my opinion.

Quote:

JJ is our best player, but I agree with a post below that he would be more effective if we had a good PG. He is asked to do too much because of our lack of balance on the perimeter and no threat of scoring down low. He sees constant double teams and he still manages to put up real good numbers. No one has come close to stopping him one-on-one, but he has to be the point and the shooting guard and last night he pulls down 10 boards. He is exceeding many peoples expectations. And at only 24, he still has an upside in my opinion.

Agreed. He has certain been better than I thought he was, even if they did give up a lot to bring him here.

i think he can be pg...hopefully we'll know by january

i also think marvin is a stud, so was a good pickup

if we got paul/deron we would NOT have gotten jj

i'd rather have jj+marvin+rondo than paul+(non-pg drafted this year)

rondo/jj/marvin/smoove/zaza with chill/slim/andersen/rmorris/donta/cenk/ivey/batman coming off the bench

Quote:

i think he can be pg...hopefully we'll know by january

i also think marvin is a stud, so was a good pickup

if we got paul/deron we would NOT have gotten jj

i'd rather have jj+marvin+rondo than paul+(non-pg drafted this year)

rondo/jj/marvin/smoove/zaza with chill/slim/andersen/rmorris/donta/cenk/ivey/batman coming off the bench

I don't see why drafting a point guard would have prevented the Hawks from acquiring JJ. They are not mutually exclusive. He only said he would play point to encourage the Suns to faciliate the deal. He has already indicated in statements this year that he is more comfortable at shooting guard, his natural position. I guarantee that if the Hawks had drafted a point JJ would have been talking about how he looks forward to be a leader and focal point of the offense. Seems kind of obvious to me.

I believe Chris Paul is currently leading all rookies in scoring and the Hornets (a team that is extremely young like the Hawks and probably less talented) have a couple of wins to their credit. Just food for thought. Not saying Marvin won't be good, just that a good point guard is hard to find.

More than pleased. He is a complete stud and we are lucky to have him. I actually feel bad for him when we lose. Why? I don't know since he makes so much money. We need to get him some veterans to play with. I would like to see Tony Delk on the court some when he gets back into shape(?). I also believe Marvin Williams was the right pick at #2. He will quickly make us forget about Josh Smith, IMHO. He actually has basketball skills with good size and athleticism. Not 'great' athleticism but good enough. I also like his 7'+ wingspan. When he gets stronger, he will be a force in the post. I really see him having a similar skill set to Al so I don't know if I see us signing him long-term.

Joe Johnson is a great player, and I think he's our future at the two along with Marvin at the three. Other than that I'm not really sure who's in the Hawks' longterm plans. The thing I like about JJ and Marvin though is that they're deadly from the perimeter and can also take it off the dribble or post guys up. I think all we really need now is a dominant power forward and a dominant point guard (if only we could steal more players from the Suns...Amare Stoudamire and Steve Nash come to mind).