• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

No Penetration = NO Wins...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

Then draft a point guard, wait a year or two for seasoning, and see what happens.

Simply put, I can't see that happening unless Knight is fired.

He knows he doesn't have two to three years beyond this one to turn out a winning team. You don't trade away a large percentage of cap space and two draft picks on a really bad team expecting the process to take three more years while you wait on a rookie PG.

He'll want to bring in a good PG with experience via a trade who can lead the team, and then sign/draft as many big men as he can find.

• Premium Member

First off, BK won't be fired.

As wrong as he has been, Atl Spirit will never give ________ to be consider right.

BK will be given 2 maybe three more years to get it together.

Secondly, Woodson is the one with his feet to the flames.

I suspect there will be pressure to get a guy like Silas or Harris over here to replace Woodson by March...

So BK will have to put together something that works. Like i said all summer, he will have to learn to respect positions.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Woodson is the one with his feet to the flames.

No doubt, Woodson will be fired if the team doesn't improve. But that has nothing to do with Knight's situation.

One of the Hawks' owners referred to this the other day, pointing out that they were willing to spend more than they originally planned because Knight and the Thrasher's GM argued for the need for more talent.

It's a business to the owners (and rightfully so), they're going to expect results. So far, the Hawks haven't shown anything to make Knight's position assured.

• Premium Member

The fact that they were willing to kick out an owner over Knight's position suggests that they believed in Knight's position. To turn around now in the early stages (and it's still early) would be a knee jerk reaction plus it would make them look wrong.... That cannot be risked for the sake of other FAs and GMs...

Knight can go through 1 more coach before it's his time to go.

Quote:

Quote:

Then draft a point guard, wait a year or two for seasoning, and see what happens.

Simply put, I can't see that happening unless Knight is fired.

He knows he doesn't have two to three years beyond this one to turn out a winning team. You don't trade away a large percentage of cap space and two draft picks on a really bad team expecting the process to take three more years while you wait on a rookie PG.

He'll want to bring in a good PG with experience via a trade who can lead the team, and then sign/draft as many big men as he can find.

I don't think there is a veteran point guard available who really can lead a team. Watson is o.k., but more of a secondary player. If Nash, Kidd, Ford, Parker, Hinrich or Miller become available, sure, but that is not likely to happen.

The guy I would target is Speedy Claxton - probably can be had later in the season as Paul gets more PT.