• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Knight should have drafted Chris Paul!!!!!!!!!

lush23

• Premium Member

Which ones...

When I said get Charlie V. and Frye in a trade down over and over again?

When I said get Taft?

When I said D. Lee will be a steal?

When I said pick Paul or Deron over MWill?

Check my numbers on my sig. I haven't changed them... Check out Bogut. AM I wrong?

Bitch please!

• Premium Member

Something about him though...the "It" factor screams at me. The whole knock on him was that he was too small...but a) at 6' we know he isn't and b) he's extremely athletic. He rebounds FAR too well for his size. When he gets experienced and has a good team, he's basically a triple double waiting to happen on any given night. Inside...outside...penetration...rebounding...FTs...leadership...intensity...

He was my pick...

But I like MWill. I see some great potential in him. His handles, speed, and I even like his shot. He could be VERY good in a few years...probably will.

But we needed a PG and Paul would have been a damn good coice. As would Deron. I dunno...this is a dead horse though. We got Marvin, I like him, and I'm behind him 100%...

Somebody's getting dealt though...

• Premium Member

Speaking of Straw men... and the need to grow up.

Mr. H. I noticed that you still haven't learn to make an argument not based on assumption. Before you make up stuff, Like a little bitch, you need to check your facts... That's all I'm saying.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Mr. H. I noticed that you still haven't learn to make an argument not based on assumption. Before you make up stuff, Like a little bitch, you need to check your facts... That's all I'm saying.

LOL, I'm ending it here, because arguing with you is like arguing with my five-year old.

Diesel, everyone in this forum knows you say what you say for effect. Sometimes you're right, sometimes you're wrong.

But, whether you're right or you're wrong, it's not because you have some well-thought out argument. It's because you like to disagree with people and let your egomania run amock.

Guys like Chillz, Wretch, Weez, etc. I disagree with all the time, and they disagree with me. The difference is that they don't resort to "Jim Rome"-style antics to get attention. I can respect that and I respect their opinions.

But I don't respect you and I give your opinions ZERO credence (as do many around here).

I've said it for several years now, and still believe it: You'd get a lot more respect from people around here if you would actually say something without either contradicting what you said earlier, or backing it up with schoolboy, Jim Rome-style antics.

But you seem to be more than happy being the "boy on the string," so let's leave it at that.

I'm done with you.

• Premium Member

Quote:

for what it's worth I've had Diesel on "ignore" for quite some time and it's amazing how much better this board is without having to see all that spam

We have an ignore feature? What rock have I been under.

It's done. Thanks, Lascar.

the fact of the matter is that it worked out MUCH better the way we did it

we had the #2 pick in the draft so we took bpa, marvin

now, our combo can be marvin/jj/rondo(brewer) because of this move

if we had taken paul(deron), then i submit that we would NOT have gotten jj...AND...unless we got the 1/2 pick this year, we could not get gay, who is an equal prospect to marvin

so it's like we got paul/gay...but we got jj as well and we don't need #2 to get brewer/rondo/diaz like we woulda to get marvin/gay

brewer/jj/marvin/smoove/zaza with chill/slim/andersen/donta/ivey/edwards/batista/cenk on the bench

plus whatever we get for al/delk/lue

not bad

it just takes PATIENCE...this team is not a contender this year...it will have a horrible record the first half and a decent one the second to finish with 27 wins

but next year it will be improved

tend to agree nick. last night was fun. hawks generally played well, refs sucked and took the momentum from us. turnovers are killing us, we are forgetting what to do after the first few minutes of every game.

i dont blame that on coaching, just on greenness. takes time. we've all been hawks fans for a long time, we were braves fans during the 80's, hell i used to be a washington senators fan. think we cant take this?

team is starting to look pretty good, not for a whole game yet. not discouraged.

• Premium Member

ted

You saying that us not getting Paul or Deron helped us to get JJ is insane..

OK... Let me try.

IF we had gotten Paul...

We would have gone after Dalembert strongly and gotten him...

The point is that I think BK was going to go after JJ anyway.

Quote:

Johnson’s signing gives Knight and the Hawks credibility on the free-agent market.

“He’s shown a lot of confidence in us by being here because he could have been anywhere,” said Knight.
“He chose to be here with us.”