• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin Williams

exodus

Focusing more on the current situation, why isn't Marvin getting more looks on offense?

Right now he is shooting a good percentage and takes care of the ball. He only has 3 turnovers TOTAL on the season. We have all seen that he has a good shot in catch and shoot situations. Unfortunately we don't really have a clue how good he really is because they aren't really using him.

There is no point in pretending that Childress will be a player of any consequence.The Hawks are losing games so it isn't like they would be hurting the team by giving their rookie more touches to see what he can do. I say start him and feed him and see what he's got.

You are probably right, but that is what coaches are for.

He may feel uncomfortable being selfish since he is a rookie. He spent last year coming off the bench on a championship team so he isn't used to being the go to guy.

However the Hawks need to see what he is capable of.

He seemed pretty aggressive at the clippers game. I think he's still in that rookie phase where he's not sure what he's "allowed" to do without seeming like a ball hog. I think he already has the ability to drive to the hole hard (and take contact), but he needs to develop some go to moves (crossover, up and under...) as he has none.

Either way he is more NBA ready than I had hoped

I agree, he's too young to be aggressive. When Marvin does get after it he seems to do well, with the exception of one drive against the Spurs last night where he just took on Duncan without much success. He does seem to stay aggressive on the defensive end, esp. when he goes after rebounds and that is a very good sign.

I also agree that MW seems to be close to NBA ready. I think he is going to be the best of our 3 top draft choices over the last two years.

• Premium Member

Sekou Smith had an interesting point about Marvin today in the AJC:

Quote:

Rookie forward Marvin Williams has been on fire as of late, tying his career-high of 12 points in each of the last two games. Williams has made 10 of 13 field goals and all four of his free throws during that stretch. Not bad for a guy whose name is curiously absent from the early Rookie of the Year talk.

I think Marvin is slowly earning Childress' playing time.

• Moderators

Quote:

if given chance, marvin can put up 15/10/3.....

I doubt he averages double digit rebounds this year no matter how many minutes he is given. The 15 points might be doable in extended time. Not sure which 3 you are referring to but assists might be something he could get with extended time. He has looked better than expected so far.