• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It keeps getting worse

exodus

Even on a night the Hawks aren't playing I keep getting reminded of how bad they are.

Charlotte is blowing out Indiana.....without two of it's starters, Knight and Wallace.

Iggy has 24/10 right now for Philly. He has hit 6 three pointers, twice as many as Childress has hit in 7 games and half as many as Childress hit all last year.

And the big question mark about Iggy was his offense. He has been a great defender from Day 1.

Babcock made a lot of dumb picks but I would say Childress ranks right up there with the worst of them.

I blasted Chillz and BK early on last year as a dumb draft pick (I wanted Iggy or Deng), but he made me eat crow by the end of the season. However, was that a mirage?? Did he put those numbers up because there was no Walker or Al and no team? In other words as bad as this team was, the points had to go to someone on the team. Were these bloated results based on circumstance??

Chillz is kind of caught between a rock and a hard place. He was drafted No. 6, so everyone expects him to be a semi-impact player. There are several players drafted below him that are not having sophomore slumps and doing better on better teams.

Chillz is a tweener, no way he is a SG, he can't shoot a lick from the outside. He is a natural SF, with a skinny frame playing the SG position. Of course he looks slow trying to guard other SGs and he gets abused trying to bang with the big forwards.

To be honest with you if I had to do the JJ trade all over again. Phoenix from what I read was willing to get only the Lakers 1st round pick and Chillz or Diaw and the 2 1st round picks. Of course hindsite is 20/20, however I would have kept Diaw instead of Chillz. Diaw is a very very solid player in Pheonix.

However all of this is water under the bridge, but I will say this...... BKs rear end is will be on the line after NEXT years draft and offseason. He has to make some significant moves that make this team better in the win column.

Quote:

but he made me eat crow by the end of the season. However, was that a mirage??

Yes. Childress' strength is scoring inside since he can jump quickly, has a long reach and can finish with either hand. However he can't take contact.

Now teams just play off him to cut off his drives and box him out since he hits the glass hard. And they abuse him on the other end.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think that Charlotte has more talent than us. That leads me to believe they have better coaching than we do.

to be honest the main difference is that their main pieces complement one another much better than ours

Agreed, which is why they are going to be more successful over the long hall.

Quote:

okafor spent 4 years in college. felton two.

josh smith, 0. marvin williams, 1.

have patience.

Yes, but Okafor and Felton play different positions. Okafor and May play the same position but in todays NBA a team could certainly get away with them at the 4/5.

Marvin and Smoove play the same position - small forward, just like Childress and Harrington.