• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Give Chillz some time...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I have considered that.

It still doesn't change things. He has good BB IQ. Exodus you have sat in NO PRACTICES.. You don't see what the coaching staff sees Yet YOU believe you know better than they do? That's funny to me.

I go back to BBIQ and positioning. I think that it's easy to point to ppg and say... Hey... he should be on the bench. However, I think you have to really watch the game. How many TOs and dumb shots and dumb untimely fouls are the guys you're suggesting replacing him with making. How does the team play with him on the floor and with him off the floor vs. those other guys? Do the other guys even have a clue? When I watch, I would say NO. So you want to put these CLUELESS guys on the floor with the first team because they get easy baskets in garbage time?

Yeah... Good Proposition Exodus!

• Premium Member

After reading all of what exodus and Wretch have said, I don't think the two opinions are that different.

I agree that Childress is still young and could develop, but I also agree that he hasn't earned major minutes yet.

Meh. Let's revisit this in a month, because, as we already know, Childress is a slow starter.

Quote:

Do the other guys even have a clue? When I watch, I would say NO. So you want to put these CLUELESS guys on the floor with the first team because they get easy baskets in garbage time?

I watched the Hawks play the best basketball I have seen from them all year with Childress and Harrington on the bench during their second half comeback against Memphis. If that is the result I can expect from "clueless players", one of which has had only 3 turnovers on the season compared to 1.5 a game for Childress.

Oh yeah and the other clueless player is the only statistical leader on the Hawks roster, ranking 11th in blocks.

chill has only played 180 minutes...calm down!

last year he averaged like 15/9 for THIRTY GAMES...so about 900 minutes...and u wanna say he's no longer a starter because after 7 games and 180 mins, he's not doing too well?

especially when u have other starters from last year like smoove also underachieving thus far?

it's EARLY in the season...some of u guys act like the season is already over with

calm down and wait out this part and enjoy the ride up when it comes

• Premium Member

Ah My friend.

When Jordan was out and the bulls needed a clutch shot to win the game... Who was in the game.. Pippen or Kukoc?

My points were all offensive points because Exodus seems to believe scoring is what should put a player on the floor? I think it's about what the team needs at the time. With Kukoc, I have no doubt that he could have easily outscored Rodman and Pippen..> Hell, probably at the same time... But for the Bulls, it was about Wins and using players that FIT...

Most winning teams do sacrifice points for FIT.

In our case, it makes no sense to put all scorers on the floor and have us SUCK at getting rebounds.

• Premium Member

So one stretch in ONE game is enough for you to JUDGE?

Hell, we should get the Olympic committee to take Al next go around. Because in his game against the spurs.. That first qtr, Al was unstoppable... I say Al vs. the World. Bring em all on. If Al can get 22 points in a qtr, he should be the world 88 to 79 by the end of the event!

Exodus... It's some great logic you're pushing!

Quote:

calm down and wait out this part and enjoy the ride up when it comes

Actually I enjoyed the ride watching the Memphis game, which they would have won easily if Al hadn't been hurt (or just bad). I guess it was just a coincidence that Childress played only 10 minutes in that game.

I also guess it is a coincidence that Smith isn't getting all the high flying dunks he got last year. Or maybe, just maybe, teams made an adjustment in the way they play him. And it could also be, this may seem far fetched, that they made an adjustment in the way they play Childress so that he can't get to the boards so easily.

Last season is over. Right now Childress deserves to sit the way he is playing.

Quote:

So one stretch in ONE game is enough for you to JUDGE

No. Seven games of the weakest production of any wing in the NBA is enough for me to judge.

My logic is weak? My logic is based on what is happening now, not what happened last year or what may happen several months from now.

Right now Childress is contributing nothing on either end.

Can't believe this was missed. Trade Chills for a jameer nelson was offered earlier.

Trading a player isn't giving up on him. Offering him for trade for something good (ie diaw for johnson) is providing some ideal of value for him.

I wonder if anyone on this board would consider swapping Chills for Jason Terry. Bringing JT back. Joe Johnson is the perfect complementary guard for JT. Let the 2 switch/share the ball handling duties. Let JJ be the point and let JT do what he does. Forgetting what JT said when he left town, would you like this lineup.

JJ/SS

JT/Lue

Harrington/Williams

Smooth/Batista

Pachulia

With the other parts thrown in.

I think see 3 solid scorers on the floor and firmly believe playing Harrington next to smooth is the best option with Marvin and Salim as first options off the bench. It doesn't fit a need at Center for a backup/starter but it does work. I think we could run a lot better with this lineup. Let JJ and JT switch on the defensive end.

>>>Ah My friend.

When Jordan was out and the bulls needed a clutch shot to win the game... Who was in the game.. Pippen or Kukoc?

My points were all offensive points because Exodus seems to believe scoring is what should put a player on the floor? I think it's about what the team needs at the time. With Kukoc, I have no doubt that he could have easily outscored Rodman and Pippen..> Hell, probably at the same time... But for the Bulls, it was about Wins and using players that FIT...

Most winning teams do sacrifice points for FIT.

In our case, it makes no sense to put all scorers on the floor and have us SUCK at getting rebounds. >>>>>>

So Kukoc won a game when Pippen was being a little girl....that one game shaped your views? There is a reason Pippen got his HUGE contract and was named one of the leagues 50 best players. There is also a reason Kukoc was not. Kukoc didnt have Pippens quickness, he didnt have Pippens ability to play off Jordan and he sure as hell didnt defend like Scottie did. Trying to say Kukoc is better than Pippen is like trying to say that Keith Van Cheese is better than Dirk Nowitski.

Good debate between Diesel and exodus.

Exodus, right now, has the stronger argument though.

WE all know that Childress has talent. He showed that last season. But if the guy isn't going to be aggressive on the offensive end, and if he's just not good enough on the defensive end to guard the 2's, then Chill becomes a major liability to this team.

Say what you want about our defense, but we're pretty bad on offense now too. Marvin got the start tonight over Lue, and it didn't translate into much. My question to Woodson, is . . why not start Salim in place of Lue and Marvin in place of Childress?

I think Salim is going to be the guy to really step up and take a leadership role on this young team. Once he cracks the starting lineup, he may never come out. Unlike some of our other guys ( including JJ at times ), Salim will be in full attack mode throughout the game.

When we start winning games, it'll be because of our offense and not our defense.

To me, Childress has the same mentality toward the game as Trenton Hassell ( who I know personally ). Both are laid back type of guys on the court, that will do everything that the coach tells them to. And while both possess the ability to be decent offensive players, they defer to others, in order to do whatever particular job the coach wants them to do.

In Trenton's case, it's to be the defensive stopper on the T-Wolves. He sacrifices his offense, in order to put more effort toward defense. Problem with Childress, is that even if he is playing hard on D, it's not translating on the court. And since he's so passive on O right now, his presence on the court is actually detrimental to the team.

I'm not giving up on Childress because it would be stupid to do that right now. But it also wouldn't hurt to start Marvin and Salim with Al, JJ, and ZaZa . . just to see if it will light a spark with this team. It wouldn't hurt one bit to start these guys for the next 4 - 5 games.

Quote:

When you talk about Chill needing to be a better shooter, you should realize that Chillz is shooting better than Luol Deng who shoots 41% and better than JSmoove who is shooting 34%.

The question is often, why is Chillz on the floor?

Well, Chillz is getting Steals. He doubles the number of steals of both Smoove, MW, and Deng.

What Chillz needs to do is work on being aggressive with the ball. Chillz does not go to the free throw line enough. Moreover, I think it's Woody's offensive plan that doesn't have set plays for anybody... Our offense needs help. I think in a structured system with a PG who can run it, Chillz and Smoove would do much better.

Deng is also almost doubling Chillz in points and rebounds, has more blocks, & a better FT % in approx 4 minutes more a game. Dengs a better athlete, he plays much better defense, and was a key in getting the Bulls to the playoffs last year & is 2 years younger. Childress is not Deng.

it's very simple.

Josh Childress is not putting up points because of one thing: he's not trying to.

He's not attempting to put the ball in the bucket. He's deferring to everyone else.

I think you'll see a different Chill come out now. I think this may have been a wake-up call.