• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Interesting draft card for Ronnie Brewer

Admin

Personally, I would MUCH rather have Rajon Rondo than Brewer because of Rondo's ability to break down ANYONE off the dribble and his incredible wingspan and court vision and who knows where we will end up picking, but Brewer does seem to be a BK type of player.

Draft Profile: 
Ronnie Brewer

Shooting Guard (Rank: #7) | 6-7, 220 | Age: 20

Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR)

Draft Projection: Top 10

Similarities: Somewhere below LeBron James and above Joe Johnson

Positives: Some scouts believe that Brewer, at 6-foot-7, has the tools to be at least a part-time point guard in the pros. That makes him an incredibly sexy prospect. His excellent athleticism, long arms and ball-handling skills have drawn comparisons to Marquis Daniels and John Salmons. However, Brewer plays with an aggressiveness that often surpasses what Daniels or Salmons did at the collegiate level. He is an excellent defender who uses his long arms to swipe away passes in the lane.

Negatives: Brewer's outside jumper needs a lot of work. He improved his 3-point shooting percentage to a respectable 39 percent last season, but he's still got a ways to go.

Summary: Brewer is drawing some LeBron James and Joe Johnson comparisons from scouts, which is a good thing. He does have a similar build (after adding nearly 15 pounds this summer) and game to LeBron, but he doesn't have that sixth sense about the game that LeBron has. Although he's not the shooter that Johnson is, he's more aggressive and athletic. A big year should make him a lock for the top 10.

Even if Brewer will become better than Joe johnson we still need a distributer.Without a point guard the Hawks become a ship without a rudder.Brewer,to many questions about his point guard skills I would take Rondo. There is some question as to Rondo's scoring ability but he could be one of those types where he can score it is just a matter of it being needed.He is only a sophomore so I think he will really increase his scoring this year. Drafting where the Hawks will be top 5 you have to get the best player and that is a point guard or center which we know there are no ture centers comng out this year.Rondo is going to have his day against top point guards and I really rhink he will out shine them all.