• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin and Childress where are they?

thescout5

I know it is early but Marvin is not showing improvement plus childress should be putting up some decent numbers but nothing for him also.I am begining to feel Childress might need dealt later this year or at the draft just to play in another system like diaw is.I would hope childress would show enough to get a 10-15 pick but I don't know his game has regressed.

When you see paul put in 25 pts 12 asst and 7 boards and marvin do nothing in 20 minutes what is the problem? One thing shows we lack a point guard that can guard the quick guards.If you have a bad defensive player paul will light him up.This game shows that a guy like Rondo will be more valuable than a tweener like Brewer.

I wonder if the players are not picking up the system of course joe johnson only had 1 asst. A point guard would make it much easier for the other players to improve but marvin isn't shooting enough and maybe marvin needs to be a little more selfish and shoot the ball.

• Premium Member

Marvin was never expected to contribute anything of significance this year. I'm giving him a pass and fully expect him to be inconsistent.

Unfortunately, Childress was expected to contribute and has been so bad that he has no trade value.

The Hawks team doesn't hit open jumpers or score consistantly enough when passed the ball in scoring position to ever expect a high consistant number of assist.

Individuals can create or force their own shots, hence, you get a low number assist for the entire team.

It's hard to regret passing on Paul when Salim played so great. We don't draft both Paul and Salim.

Childress has been an embarassment. Did you see his airball? How much better would Iguodala have been?

Josh Smith is showing his potential again. He needs to stop taking that jumper, and keep it simple until he has more offensive skill. He has a lot of intangibles. At least he's 19, Childress should be playing better.

Seeing some of the other rookies put up rookie like stats I just want to Marvin to show something in the box scores.I know he will be inconsistent but every now and then would help.Childress your right no value now and that was the year all those other teams mailed it in the hawks won a bunch of games at the end and were stuck with the 6th pick and drafted Childress. Well at least J Smith might recoup some of the loss value we have with childress.

I am torn between trading harrington and keeping him at trade deadline.I would hope the hawks could get a 15-20 pick you never know who may slide in the draft.Then again not having the point guard the hawks need you never know how good the hawk players will be with a legit point guard.I think next year JJ is the shooting guard and Childress and something could be dealt for something.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Damn. Not even 10 games played. Get off Marvin's back, he's going to be fine.

He didn't even play 20 minutes tonight, and only had 4 FGA. Chris Paul played great, but he also played 45 minutes with near 20 FGA.

And nearly blew a 26-point lead.

He's a great player, but he's still a rookie.

Quote:

And nearly blew a 26-point lead.

He's a great player, but he's still a rookie.

Get your facts straight, Paul wasn't even in the game when the Hawks, or should I say Salim, started the comeback with 6 minutes left. Byron Scott had to put Paul back in the game with less than 2 minutes left so that he could manage the clock and go to the foul line and hit the free throws necessary to win the game. Paul was GREAT tonight, bottom line!

Quote:

Seeing some of the other rookies put up rookie like stats I just want to Marvin to show something in the box scores.I know he will be inconsistent but every now and then would help.Childress your right no value now and that was the year all those other teams mailed it in the hawks won a bunch of games at the end and were stuck with the 6th pick and drafted Childress. Well at least J Smith might recoup some of the loss value we have with childress.

I am torn between trading harrington and keeping him at trade deadline.I would hope the hawks could get a 15-20 pick you never know who may slide in the draft.Then again not having the point guard the hawks need you never know how good the hawk players will be with a legit point guard.I think next year JJ is the shooting guard and Childress and something could be dealt for something.

Don't think trading Al is an option right now.

This team already is offensively challenged. Giving Al away would only put us farther away from fielding a good offense.

Childress has this problem it seems as not wanting to step on toes by trying to take control of a game or showing aggression. He started off that way last year until we got rid of Walker and he knew at that point he was expected to do more.

I'm thinking with Joe Johnson and Harrington as our main guys, Childress is trying place himself into a deferred role. He definitely has an all-around game. I just think if he stopped thinking of himself as a 3rd or 4th option and start thinking of himself as the main guy (even though he isn't), he'd play with more confidence and enthusiasm.

Stop waiting for permission to play Chill.

• Premium Member

Quote:

he jury is still out as far as I can see. If anything Utah should be asking why they drafted Deron over Paul.

I'm still going to hold my tongue for 11 more games... But this is some HOMERISM at it's best. It's down right Hypocrisy...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Get your facts straight, Paul wasn't even in the game when the Hawks, or should I say Salim, started the comeback with 6 minutes left. Byron Scott had to put Paul back in the game with less than 2 minutes left so that he could manage the clock and go to the foul line and hit the free throws necessary to win the game.

What are you talking about?

Chris Paul was in the game for all but 1 minute, forty-five seconds of the fourth quarter.

Of the minutes Paul played in the fourth quarter, the Hawks outscored the Hornets 35-21, with most of that scoring from the PG position. He's going to be a great player, but that's what happens at times when a rookie PG leads a team - there are lapses.

The Hawks need a veteran PG, not another rookie.