• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

It doesn't matter how good paul is NOW

Nicholasp27

NOBODY was saying that Marvin would be better than Paul THIS year...what we, the scouts, and most of the GMs said was that Marvin had a high chance of being the best player in 5 years

in 5 years we'll have Marvin, Slim, Smoove, Chill, JJ, Zaza in their PRIMES...we should also have rondo/brewer/gibson getting close to their primes after 4 years in the league as well

we are on target for being a great team in a few years but we WILL have to take our lumps and we WILL have growing pains...

it doesn't matter who is better right now or how bad our record is now...what matters is the banners hanging in phillips in the future

nic,

the problem with that is it creates a bad moral. if you have any ounce of competitve spirit in you, you dont want to wanna wait 5 years. do you think j.j. was thinking 5 years to be good when he arrived here. do you think the joshes want to wait 5 years to compete. i dont think they wanted to go 0-9. it is not good for their pride and moral. do you think it's easy for the owners, gm,and the coaches to see them being the worst team in the league. mainly to the owners, they are spending millions to lose. What about the fans. i know i dont want to see us take 5 more years to come around. Crap!!!!i been waiting since the smitty days for them to do anything....its been about 5 years and i dont want to wait another 5 years to see us even remotely competitive. when you have new owners, new coaches, and a new gm, it is suppose to bring a new era to the team........wake me up when it finally comes around....

marvin won't take 5 years to be good...it's just that he will likely be the best player in 5 years

he's already pretty good and improving...and he's not the reason we are losing games...the joshes sleepwalking is the reason along with inconsistency, inexperience, youth, etc etc etc

wait a few months and u'll see a team that actually looks the part

Quote:

marvin won't take 5 years to be good...it's just that he will likely be the best player in 5 years

he's already pretty good and improving...and he's not the reason we are losing games...the joshes sleepwalking is the reason along with inconsistency, inexperience, youth, etc etc etc

wait a few months and u'll see a team that actually looks the part

Even if Marvin is the best player in five years, unless the Hawks have someone on the team like Paul that makes his teammates better by creating shots, setting tempo, etc., then the team will never succeed.

You can say we will just get Rondo or Gibson next year, but we could have just as easily taken Paul this year and Rudy Gay next year - same difference.

Quote:

You can say we will just get Rondo or Gibson next year, but we could have just as easily taken Paul this year and Rudy Gay next year - same difference.

we could?

u know that we will have that high of a draft pick to get gay? we don't know that and bk didn't know that

if u look at the odds, our odds were better of getting rondo/gibson/brewer/diaz next year with whatever pick we have than of us getting lucky enough in the lotto to get gay

getting the #2 pick meant bk wanted to go for BPA since u can pick a pg for need anywhere in the top 10 usually

I am willing to wager that Paul will be a better player in 5 years also..There is nothing that shows me Marvin is going to continue to develope and Paul is going to stagnate. Face it, BK went for Marvin because Marvin fits the BK player profile, long , athletic and can play multiple positions.

I could care less what "most" gms do..I am only concerned with the gm of the Hawks..We needed a point guard, there were 2 very good ones available, instead we draft another young, raw tweener forward..Marvin will be a good player, no doubt, but Chris Paul is already a good player and would make guys like Smoove and Chilz alot better players.

• Premium Member

Nick,

This is the biggest bunch of BK nuthugging that I have ever read. Let's get to the points..

Will Marvin be good? Maybe, Prolly.

Will Marvin be better than Paul or Deron? Very questionable. Doubtful.

Was Marvin a better pick FOR THE HAWKS? HELL NO.

At some point, you have to trust who you drafted. I mean... With BK running the ship, I can definitely see us drafting Rudy Gay this year... Why? BPA. The BPA theory still holds. BK is building us into the next Clippers. A team with NO real Blueprint, just taking the "best players" and hoping that they can gel. That's bad GMing.

Back to Marvin. There's nothing there to suggest that Marvin will be better than Paul or Deron. Moreover, you're acting like the comparison is between Marvin and guys who were drafted 3-4 yrs ago... That's not the case. It's guys from his same draft class. I mean damn...

Deron put up 26; 4; 10 last night.

Paul put up 25; 7; 12 on us and 20 something more last night.

Even Charlie V. who most of your so-called experts said would be a bust is throwing down 20 points 10 rebs per night.

These are not veteran players... These are rookies too.

I'm not going to judge Marvin yet... I'm giving him 11 more games, but Damn... Do something!

And you propogating all this BS about having to wait 3-4 yrs is silly too.

Why are we the only franchise that have to wait 3-4 yrs to see a return on our draft pick??

This is probably how Memphis felt about Stromile Swift.

Another 6-9 tweener that BK Picked with a high draft pick that they had to wait on...

ok, don't have time to really get into this thread right now...but I do hvae to put a stop to one thing: Diesel's own nuthugging of Charlie V.

call it like it is man, and you know what that is: he's not 'throwing down 20/10'...his averages are 13.8 & 5.9...and in a similar post yesterday, you stated how he was averaging 26/11 (after he had a game with those stats).

you call Marvin just how he is...fair's fair.