• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bulls "remain interested" in Al Harrington?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Quote:

"The Bulls need post play and a big defensive guard. One GM said he has heard the Bulls remain interested in Atlanta's Al Harrington, a post-up frontcourt player who also can rebound. He was the player the Bulls tried to get by trading for Phoenix's No. 1 draft pick in 2004. But the Pacers pulled back on the deal and the Bulls selected Luol Deng."

Chicago Tribune

(You should be warned to "consider the source").

LOL! LOL...

Bulls fan here, if anyone is close to untouchable on the Bulls roster, it's Hinrich. Theres no way they trade him for anyone on Atlanta's roster, save JJ.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls are still interested in Harrington, but I could see them waiting until the off-season and signing him straight up. Besides, Sweetney is really coming through in the low-post right now.

If anything, to make this plausible, I could see a Chris Duhon for Harrington swap.

Quote:

"
Harrington is with the hopeless Hawks and says he'll leave as a free agent after this season
. Atlanta needs a point guard, given that Tyron Lue plays there now. So how about Chris Duhon and an expiring contract, like Eric Piatkowski's? Otherwise, the Hawks could lose Harrington for nothing. And Kirk Hinrich could return to his natural

I wonder if they have a direct quote. That would certainly clear up some confusion.

Quote:

Duhom for Harrington eh?????? I fell out of the chair I laughed so hard.

Looks like the loss of Curry has blurred your thinking. You can keep Duhon we'll trade Al to somebody else.

How much value do you think a FA ready to leave is going to have for your team - especialy with a team like the Bulls where they have enough cap room to sign anyone they want this offseason.

And you can laugh all you want at Duhon, but he is an infinitely better PG than anyone Atlanta has manning the position. Is Al a better player? No doubt, but his value is pretty damn low seeing as he is about to become an UFA.

And the reason I follow the Hawks is because I see them as in the same situation the Bulls were in after the championships and before Paxson took over as GM. i.e. Jerry Krause was in love with 6'9" tweener players.

Quote:

I see them as in the same situation the Bulls were in after the championships and before Paxson took over as GM. i.e. Jerry Krause was in love with 6'9" tweener players.

Interesting, I didn't think anyone else had been that moronic but i guess I underestimated how dumb Krause really was. Three sub 20 win seasons.....looks like the Hawks are well on their way towards duplicating that feat.