• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Which is worse?

exodus

Quote:

One game does not an accurate statistical sampling make.

I am not making excuses, other then the fact that the team lacks a point guard. So do we have faulty players - yes. I blame this on the GM and the coach for not instituting a system that utilizes the talent the team has.

Why are you so angry?

One game? What are you talking about? JJ and Al have been playing selfishly for more than one game. And Zaza has only had one bad shooting game out of the last 8.

And people are trying to act like Al and JJ have been trying to carry the team when in fact the opposit is true. The rest of the team has been trying, and failing, to carry them.

it seems like everyone wants to put blame everywhere except where it belongs.

Quote:

Iverson also gets to the line and gets a ton of assists. JJ and Al do neither.

when jj doesn't score, he still gets assists and rebounds

he may be trying too hard to do too much, but he's not playing selfishly

only 4/14 against miami, but 6 assists

only 6/20 against houston, but 7 assists

only 6/15 against portland, but 5 assists

only 7/24 against indiana, but 9 assists (7 rebs)

u see the pattern here? he's averaging 7apg the past few games while his shooting is suffering; eventually he'll be able to get the assists and shoot a high rate from the floor

in fact, he's averaging 5apg for the season, even tho we have no semblance of an offensive system

Quote:

in fact, he's averaging 5apg for the season, even tho we have no semblance of an offensive system

Funny you should mention that, since Lue averaged 5.4 assists for the Hawks last season with much less talent and HALF THE TURNOVERS and shot WAY better than JJ. No comparison. Yet you guys defend JJ. What is wrong with this picture?

JJ is in the top 10 in turnovers, shooting 39.9% from the field and somehow he gets a free pass. It is everyone's fault but his. That is bs. Their only two wins were in spite of JJ not because of him.

Quote:

he got 9 assists, 7 rebounds and almost 20 points (too lazy to look it up right now) in a game that we won 87-85

Wrong. He got 17 points on 24 shots. Nice try though. I think the other players wouldn't have had much trouble beating his 29% shooting that night.

Quote:

Quote:

he got 9 assists, 7 rebounds and almost 20 points (too lazy to look it up right now) in a game that we won 87-85

Wrong. He got 17 points on 24 shots. Nice try though. I think the other players wouldn't have had much trouble beating his 29% shooting that night.

Wrong?!?!

IMO, 17 is 'almost 20 points'

it's not like i said 'almost 25 points' or like he scored 11...17 is one shot away, so it's 'almost 20 points'

and who cares about his % that night...that's my point; even when he is shooting badly, he gets assists and rebounds...and he's not always gonna shoot so poorly; he's obviously a great shooter; give him more games and it'll raise; give him a decent system and it'll raise more; give him a true pg to pair with and it'll skyrocket

no, it's not alright

but it's not what i was arguing...i was saying that he, like your ai example, gets more than just points...if he's shooting poorly, he gets assists and rebounds

maybe he has yet to have a game where he shoots a high % and gets lots of assists and lots of rebounds (he coulda, but i didn't check), but i think that given time and with the team becoming more of a team, he will be able to shoot a higher % while also getting 20/5/5

and for that game, while he may have shot poorly, he still had 9 assists and 7 rebounds in a game that we won 87-80...so saying we won 'in spite of him' is inaccurate

he helped that win...his shooting % sucked, yes, but he still got 9 assists (18+ points) and 7 rebounds (stopped them from scoring and gave us more points) and 17 points...i'll take some missed shots for those assists and rebounds