• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lowest point

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

I've followed the Hawks since the late 70s and this is the lowest this team has ever been. They are by far the worst team in the league. I would say they are alomost as bad as the 9-73 Sixers team.

If this team continues their lackluster performances attendance will start to decrease. I think very very few people are willing to pay the HIGH ticket prices for a terrible product.

I so know that with the hockey team that most of the lower seats are corporate season ticket holders and that may be the case with the Hawks. If that is so and the corporate people fall out of the supporters that would cause some big problems.

I know most of the people on HawkSquawk are just Hawk fans and don't care about the business aspect, but, that has to be taken into consideration. The owners are in this to make BIG money and their patience with a President, GM, and coach will only go so far.

Everyone knows that the Hawks are in a rebuilding situation. The rebuilding and moves that have been made to date are not good and it doesn't help that Chris Paul as a rookie has already put a team on his shoulders. BTW, point guard is the toughest position to fill on a team. I was for drafting Marvin Williams, but I now see I was wrong. Chris Paul was the best player in this draft and I believe history will prove this. I like Marvin Williams and his size, athletic ability, but does he have the mental toughness to make it big in this league? Time will tell...............

• Premium Member

I believe the lowest point has been when we had:

Theo, Grob, JT, and SAR and couldn't win. That was the lowest point because we had ALLSTARs and couldn't do anything.

I think that right now, we have players who are very young...inexperienced and some that just won't ever will be...

Losing with this team is much more acceptable than losing with 3 allstars..

The two absolute worst moves by this franchise since I have been a fan are:

1. Trading Dominique Wilkins

2. Trading for Glenn Robinson - that single move set the Hawks back a decade. Someone whould have realized that his lack of defense and passing would be a death blow to a team already severely handicapped in those areas. If the team does not make that trade they probably win the same number of games if not more with the oft-injured Kukoc. Even if they didn't win more games, they would have TJ Ford now - who would be an absolute 100% difference maker on the current squad.

Unfortunately I think we are approaching a low point for the franchise. It's one thing to have all stars that under perform, that happens to a lot of teams. Remember when Snyder signed a bunch of all-pros for the Redskins year after year and the teams were mediocre?

Last year was a purging, a necessary evil. This year we should be a lot better. Even though we knew we would be bad, no one thought we would approach historic lows for losses.