• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Getting two top-10 picks

WraithSentinel

It is only Dec 5 and I already thinking of offseason plans. Well with the Hawks likely to get a top-2, hopefully top pick. With that 1st pick they should go ahead and take PF-LaMarcus Aldridge. Then use Harrington in a sign and trade, or a 1st round pick they may get in a trade for Harrington. Package which ever one along with Childress and Smith to get back into the top-10. Move in position to take PG-Rajon Rondo.

C-Zaza Pachulia

PF-LaMarcus Aldridge

SF-Marvin Williams

SG-Joe Johnson

PG-Rajon Rondo

• Premium Member

I've seen the Clipps do it.. trade away productive players for draft picks. We've since we've had BK and none of these draft picks are amounting to anything... So much so that we drafted Sfs for the last 3 yrs: Diaw, Childress, Smith, Marvin... These guys are all playing the same position... Regaurdless of how you want to classify Boris as a PG, Childress as a SG, Smith as a PF... These guys are primarily SFs and can't get it done at those other positions... What's next... I can see us getting Rudy Gay... Another Sf...

I'm tired of the Merry go round...

Then Next year, we'll look to trade JJ for another 1st round pick because the Sf team just ain't getting it done and it's the vets fault.. We need more young guys who don't know any basketball......

It seems funny to me that Veteran Teams like Phoenix and Detroit are the teams that are winning?

I'm tired of the Merry go round...

Getting those players actually set the Hawks up well. Each of those players are playing their natural position. Hawks are not going anywhere with the current cast and Woodson leading the way. Time to change things up yet again. It will continue to be a merry go around until this is straighten out.

• Premium Member

Again..

We change... it doesn't work.. We change... It doesn't work... We change... It doesn't work... We change... It doesn't work... We change yet again.. It doesn't work...

Maybe we need try to stick with something.

We have new players in and out every year a new coach every other year...

It doesn't work..

I'm tired of the merry-go round.

I have to agree with you on this one Diesel. Maybe the talent we have is not the problem. I think the problem is part coaching and part not having a defensive presence at the 4 and 5.

Zsa Zsa is a good scrappy offensive player, but he is terrible on the defensive side of the ball. This negates in mind what he brings on offense. Scoring 15 and giving up 20 is counterproductive. All I see him do defensively is flop and complain. We need a shot blocker and intimidator in the middle that can jump more than 2 inches off the ground.

No inside defensive presence and of course terrible coaching!! Lets work at correcting these two things 1st and go from there.

• Premium Member

I think what works for Phoenix is having Nash.

2003-2004 they went 29-53..

That was without Nash.

That was with:

Marbury, JJ, Amare, Marion, White, McDyess, Barbosa, Googs, etc...

Bring in Nash that next year and guess what... 62 wins!

Diesel you are part right and JohnnyBravo is part right. The Hawks can't win with players playing out of position because they lack an on court leader (i.e. point guard) and off court leader (i.e. good coach).

Seems like BK's plan has a few holes.

Look what Nash is doing with a bunch of scrubs! He has Marion, but nothing else.

Quote:

Look what Nash is doing with a bunch of scrubs! He has Marion, but nothing else.

While I agree with your overall point, but he hardly has a bunch of scrubs

Nash

Raja Bell

Marion

Diaw

Kurt Thomas

I see two all-stars, a very good big man and a good 2 guard, and arguably the MIP in Diaw. Diaw is the only one you could argue is a scrub. That team is not as deep as last year, but is still very solid all around.

Quote:

Quote:

While I agree with your overall point, but he hardly has a bunch of scrubs

Nash

Raja Bell

Marion

Diaw

Kurt Thomas

I see two all-stars, a very good big man and a good 2 guard, and arguably the MIP in Diaw. Diaw is the only one you could argue is a scrub. That team is not as deep as last year, but is still very solid all around.

Take Nash off that team and they are as bad as the Hawks. JJ, Harrington, Zaza, Salim and Smoove are at least as good as Marion, Bell, Diaw, Barbosa and Thomas.

I disagree

JJ

Salim

Zaza

for starters. Diaw has played better than Smith this year. Barbosa is out if you include injuries. Harrington is maybe a little better than Jim Jackson or Jones, whoever they'd start.

If you don't include injuries, then add Amare and Grant and we're still getting killed.

They are a very good team all-around even though Nash is the key to their offense. That team without Nash still contends to make the playoffs in the west

Quote:

I think what works for Phoenix is having Nash.

2003-2004 they went 29-53..

That was without Nash.

That was with:

Marbury, JJ, Amare, Marion, White, McDyess, Barbosa, Googs, etc...

Bring in Nash that next year and guess what... 62 wins!

My first post..... Hello all.

Yes I am a Sun Homer but I am also a respectful fan.

Although your post is factually correct, it is still mis-leading.

We traded Steph after 2 months, Amare missed a large amount of games due to an ankle he sprained twice during the season. Antonio McD was never healthy in that season and never played with Steph or Penny. In my opinion, the 2nd half of the season is when JJ finally stepped up.

70 million for 1 & 1/2 good seasons. Man I wish I was still healthy! grin.gif

Quote:

Take Nash off that team and they are as bad as the Hawks. JJ, Harrington, Zaza, Salim and Smoove are at least as good as Marion, Bell, Diaw, Barbosa and Thomas.

I disagree also. At the beginning of the season our 2nd unit was killing our first. Leandro Barbosa was showing signs that he has what it takes to run the offense and Boris was having a great time with the high post. We would get a big lead with our 2nd unit and our starters would give it right back.