• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I would fire Woodson on Thursday.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

A team that is beaten across the board every night and looks bad, that's a bad team. Put the losses on the players because either they won't step up or they simply can't. It's either a bad mix of guys or a lack of talent.

I don't see that in this team. I see a team that has played up to some very good teams, but has found a way to lose to teams that they are clearly more talented than. Is it a matter of nobody wanting to step up? No. EVERYBODY on this team wants to win. You can see it in them (especially in that 1st one). They're hungry... But they don't know how to win. They want to trust each other, but they continue to try and 1-man it. They sometimes dig in defensively - this team has shown some GREAT defensive play SPORADICALLY this year and last; but, there is no consistency.

I don't believe it is all Woody's fault, but he hasn't gotten the most out of this team. I think is approach to the players is evidenced by the Diaw situation. Yes, Boris pouted...maybe he tuned out Woody; but first of all, isn't it a coache's responsibility to try and reach players one way or another?

Woody's solution seems to be the bench. But that doesn't work when you're changing the rotation every game. Plus, benching Boris only hid what he could do and to be quite honest, it seems like Woody gave up on him. It begs the question...has anyone else given up on the coach? Maybe not...

But in light of all the rumors and finger pointing, I haven't read much where anyone has gone to bat for him.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no one went to bat for terry stotts either. stotts had no chance to win here. woody is a new coach. he is learning just like everyone else.

if we needed a vet coach to rebuild we should have hired one. its time to be fair to someone for a change. we need to give this thing a chance.

• Premium Member

I can agree with some of what you said... and what I think should be looked at is the schism. I think the schism could be a great part of what is wrong... If the Vets don't play nice with the younger players... and viceversa then this team can't win based on coaching.

Quote:

We are a young team with a young coach... If Flat Tire means a team that wins.. I don't think that the expectation is that of a team that would come out the gate winning.

Nobody expected this yeam to be a winning team, but to show improvement and development. This team is approaching historic losses for the second consecutive season. There is a difference between losing and historically being one of the worst teams ever.

• Premium Member

I don't think we're at the point where we can really judge improvement. I mean, we have changed Rosters just about every game. We have hung in there and even beaten good teams and been blown out by good teams. Of course, the light has not gone off yet telling us how we should be playing.

I say that unless there is team-coach problems, Woody should play it out.

• Premium Member

I wasn't a Stotts fan then and I'm not now. He didn't get the job done as a head coach, and people give him more credit than is due for his 2nd half performance with the "mercenaries." First of all, those guys went out and played hard because they were all auditioning for a job in the offseason. Secondly, Stotts just turned them loose and let them play. He admitted as much - that their strategy was a free for all. They still carried a miserable record into the offseason...they just looked more concerned (and cost us a shot at Dwight Howard) in the process.

Stotts was not the right guy for our job and neither is Woody. This team is not coming together and looks angry, completely disorganized, and confused. What more can Woodson do? What's fair?

Letting him continue to fly the plane right into the mountain side? Because he doesn't look like he's gaining any altitude.

Quote:

There is a difference between losing and historically being one of the worst teams ever.

Hey, at least the latter is memorable!

• Premium Member

..where the hell would an egg come from? It's the chicken man. Young...old...vet...rookie... It's irrelevant. It's on the coach to break the cycle and lay down the law.

"Dammit, me and Joe have been in this league longer than any 3 of you put together. We know how to score and we've been on winning teams. Give us the ball!"

"I'll give you the ball, because I don't want it anyway..."

"No, give that sh!t to me because I can shoot better than anyone on this team: and if you don't believe me, put 20g's to my 5 on a 3 point shoot out!"

Herman Munster looks on nervously in the corner thinking to himself. "I hope I can still get paid next year..."