• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Dohh! I forgot about Delk

exodus

If the Hawks are going to trade for a pg Denver is the most likely partner. Personally I would prefer Watson over Miller.

Looking from Denver's perspective they are getting nothing from their 2 spot. Leonard wants out and Watson can't get minutes. They don't want to break up the team chemistry that they have with Miller and Boykins.

I think they would be a great fit for Delk since they have a big pg. Delk is a better outside shooter than anyone they have and he can guard the opposing pg. I don't know off the top of my head how many teams would be willing to deal them a shooter. I bet a Harrington/Delk swap for Watson/Leonard might actually look good to them. They may have to throw in another player. Again I am not sure how the BYC thing would affect this deal. Leonard is an expirer by the way.

They might actually prefer Delk to Salim since they are looking to win now and would rather have a veteran.

Quote:

I feel the Hawks can get a lot more in return for Al than Watson and Lenard for Harrington. Personally, if BK did consider this, I don't even think we would have to include Delk.

Agreed. Leonard is useless to the Hawks and while Watson is a nice player, he is no where near good enough to trade Al for.

Quote:

Quote:

It is funny seeing a 2 win team overrate it's own players. A starting pg for an expiring contract is not a good deal lol.

Watson is a backup. Just because he'd be the best PG on the Hawks doesn't change that...

Exactly. Particularly when you factor in Watson's contract - which is unappealing for a back-up.

If you post that trade on a Denver board they will probably react the same way.

"An average swingman on an expiring contract for Watson? We can do better than that"

Remember that in Memphis it was Watson who always played in the fourth quarters, and the team played better when he was in there.

Quote:

If you post that trade on a Denver board they will probably react the same way.

"An average swingman on an expiring contract for Watson? We can do better than that"

Remember that in Memphis it was Watson who always played in the fourth quarters, and the team played better when he was in there.

Do you still think Denver would not take an Al for Watson deal? If BK called Denver's GM with that trade offer (or some similar variation) the Denver GM's only response would be: You had me at hello.

After that show by Harrington they would do it for sure lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if this deal happens. The Hawks need a pg or a defensive big. The only defensive big I know that might be available is Gadzuric, although Joe Smith's surgery might put that on hold for awhile.

• Premium Member

It's not a case of the minutes. Denver elects not to play him because he's turnover prone... or at least he was in the preseason.

Becuase there have been teams with more than one exceptional PG before.

Remember Phoenix with KJ, Kerr, and Ainge... Or KJ, Kerr, and Marjle....

Their Small ball packages..

No need to analyze it any further than that. Miller is the best, Boykins is 2nd best (although I think he is best suited to come off the bench) and Watson is 3rd best. It doesn't make Watson a bad player, he's actually a very solid PG. I think the reason that Denver signed Watson is because they thought they were going to be able to trade Miller/filler for Paul Pierce and then they were going to play Watson at PG. Makes sense to me. When the deal for Pierce fell through, they were stuck. I look for a deal to be made as soon as next week involving Watson but don't be surprised if Miller still gets dealt for a quality SG.