• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

It is time for BK to go

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

He should be fired immediatley. The roster he has put together is nothing more than pathetic.

Going into the off-seson what did we need? a pg and a big. What we got was JJ- who cannot play the point KB and ZaZA who has never seen any defense.

He drafted Marvin when he should have drafted Paul and this is OBVIOUS.

He drafted Childress over Deng!

He passed on Tony Parker and traded Jamaal Tinsley for a 2nd rounder.

Damn, what more evidence is needed!

I will give him credit for Salim, although he is just a shooter

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Going into the off-seson what did we need? a pg and a big. What we got was JJ- who cannot play the point KB and ZaZA who has never seen any defense.

there were no pgs to get

we got someone who could be a top 3 sg with a good pg

zaza is playing the best of any of the bigs we coulda gotten and he went for cheaper than any of them...our problem is smoove should be playing the 4 to provide interior defense, not matador harrington

Quote:

He drafted Marvin when he should have drafted Paul and this is OBVIOUS.

marvin was considered BPA by almost everyone and that's what u get with #2 pick...we can get rondo this year with a lower pick than 2

Quote:

He drafted Childress over Deng!

similiar stats rookie year...give the rest of year for chill to show up deng again...and u don't judge players after 100 games...it may take 1-3+ years to see if deng or chill was a better pick

Quote:

no, that was babcock

Quote:

I will give him credit for Salim, although he is just a shooter

what about zaza, jj, sjax for 1mil -> al harrington snt of ufa, not overpaying for damp, drafting smoove/slim as steals?

My biggest gripe with BK is his blatant BS about JJ being the point guard. He gets paid alot of money to know whether someone can play an NBA position so if I know that JJ is not a point guard he should too.

The Zaza signing was a good one but in the long run, on a winning team, Zaza probably ends up as nothing more then a solid back-up - which is fine considering the money he is getting.

I am not so gung-ho on the Salim pick. He really doesn't have a position. Only time will tell whether he turns into a Vinnie Johnson or a Tony Delk, Eddie House type.

Quote:

Damn, what more evidence is needed!

Obviously that was Babcock, as was mentionned. But on top of that, every single GM in the entire league other than San Antonio's passed on Tony Parker.

Let's not get carried away

No Point Guards Available?

How about making an obvious choice and draft C.Paul. Other PG's available included Bobby Jackson, Antonio Daniels, Marko Jaric, Earl Watson, Rafer Alson, Jeff McGinnis, Damon Stoudamire, Nick Van Exel, Steve Blake, Jason Hart just to name a few.

And yes it was obvious to me that Chris Paul should have been the player drafted. He fit a need and he fit well with the players currently on our roster and he is a leader which this team needed. Marvin Williams is the reincarnation of Al Harrington.

The GM's job is to get the best talent he can get. Billy has done that without question. Getting super talented players like Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, and Josh Smith while also getting guys who will be good role players in Josh Childress and Zaza Pachulia.

The good GM's don't draft based on need. They draft the best player, and that's what Billy did. You will all see that in a couple of years when Marvin is ready to go.

We could have done exactly what Pete Babcock always did. Ignore the best player on the board and simply draft a lower rated player because he filled a need position. We would never win a championship by doing that though.

Billy has done a fabulous job of turning over the roster he had and putting together a roster that is the most talented roster Atlanta has had in 10 years. Most of you simply don't have the patience to let it develop.

Quote:

marvin was considered BPA by almost everyone and that's what u get with #2 pick...we can get rondo this year with a lower pick than 2

Translation: Get the BPA who plays an over-stocked position, when a better player with IMHO equal potential at a position of need is available, so the next year you can fill the position of need with a lesser player over the BPA.

Brilliant strategy!

You have to build a TEAM. When done primarily through the draft you have to facilitatethe success of the young players. Currently we do not even ALLOW FOR their success. This team has set in front of our young core many obstacles like no real Pg, no center, and 8 other players at their position competing for minutes, taking experience, etc. Nobody knows their role because they all have similar skill sets and play similar positions. It's anarchy rebuilding. We drill for all the 6'8" talent we can but we have no pipeline nor do we use alternate sources of fuel (i.e. true Pg, C). Even our grand mighty attempt at an alternative fuel source is as most thought a 6'8" Sg. I'll let the metaphor go. It's just GD silly.

W

Quote:

No Point Guards Available?

How about making an obvious choice and draft C.Paul. Other PG's available included Bobby Jackson, Antonio Daniels, Marko Jaric, Earl Watson, Rafer Alson, Jeff McGinnis, Damon Stoudamire, Nick Van Exel, Steve Blake, Jason Hart just to name a few.

i'm talking about after the draft, where he went, rightly, with BPA at #2

he DID try his hardest to get another 1st to get jack

bjax: not a pg

jaric: not a pg

rafer: issues

damon/jeff/nick/antonio: not able to be our future at pg

Quote:

and 8 other players at their position competing for minutes, taking experience, etc. Nobody knows their role because they all have similar skill sets and play similar positions.

incorrect

jj/slim are definitely 2s

chill and marvin are definitely 3s

smoove is definitely a 4

NONE of them have to go and there is NO logjam

we just NEED a starting pg and a defensive, rebounding big man

then we need to be well-coached and gel as a team and play together as a team, playing to our strengths

re: similiar skill sets

smoove: blocker/dunker

chill: stealer/slasher/rebounder

jj: all-star 2

slim: rapid 3s off the bench

marvin: shooting/athleticism/length/versatility/etc

we are FINE

have PATIENCE

• Admin

I wish we had taken paul, personally. But I'm confident that if any of the teams below us had had the 2nd pick, they too would have taken Marvin. He was the best player in the draft who wasn't 7'.

Drafting Childress over Deng only looks bad this week. End of last season, it looked great. Childress has been playing better lately and Deng has the benefit of a stable team behind him.

Jamal Tinsley and such was in babcocks era. don't count somenoe elses mistakes against him.

--------------

WHile you're busy bashing him, why don't you take the time to give him credit for the MANY good things he has done.

1. Got a premier free agent into Atlanta (jj)

2. Got a steal in Zaza in facy.

3. Drafted Josh Smith late in the first round, a steal.

4. Drafted Salim, a steal.

5. Signed Batista, a young, green player who seems to have a lot of raw talent.

6. and this is a biggie, got the hawks out from under a cloud of salary cap woes. We now have a lot of talent and still have cap room to work with in the future.

So realistically, BK has two negatives, one of them is questionable (childress). I think he's doing pretty well.

• Premium Member

in essence you are saying Marvin will be a much better player than Paul in the future? If so, Paul is one year older than Marvin, why isn't Marvin that good of player now, why is going to take him so much longer to be better than Paul?????

BK is doing fine to me, I'd give him a C+. I most regret the Nazr move. The ZaZa signing got us back a similar player at a similar salary but we could still have used Nazr. Next would be not just offering a frontloaded max for JJ and leaving it at that. Throwing in Diaw was nothing to me, I'm not even sure he woulda stayed in the U.S. to play for us. We are already too young and the next few drafts might be weak but I hope we dont miss those picks. I think the move was overall just a little desperate but then again that may have been the only way we woulda ever got a young improving player like JJ. Pryz may have just wanted to go to Portland but BK still signed Collier and made a move for Drobnjak. Both were like Edwards, wasted effort.

I bet we woulda took Deron over Paul and I dont think either will ever be great. We'd be a much better team now with either but probably would have limited our ultimate potential by investing in players with likely limitations such as size, etc. I like the Marvin pick. Our team will just suck early this year as we wait on future key pieces and grow our core. We'll still win 20-25 games this year, finishing strong, even if Harrington is moved.