• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Late trade that would help US.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

This is the trade I would make.. Dec 28th...

Atlanta Send 2nd round pick 2006 draft to PTL.

PTL sends Steve Blake to Atlanta.

I still believe that Blake is a guy who can run an offense. He's well versed to run uptempo as well as halfcourt. PTL got him as a steal, but with the play of Telfair and Jack, they really don't need him.

I would play Ivey until the 28th and then trade for Blake and see who is more capable of running the team after that.

I think that Blake is the PG we need for this time.

Quote:

......why does it seem like other coaches can get guys who aren't true point guards, and Arenas is not a true point guard by any stretch of the imagination, and make it work with those guys running the point?

Its either bad coaching or bad players, or at least players that don't understand ball movement.

Arenas is one of the best scorers in the league and he can defend the 1 and the 2. He can beat almost anyone off the dribble and is strong from long range. He played off the ball a lot last year.

When you have someone that good it isn't hard to make it work. However if you watched their games you would see a lot of Gil and Jamison jacking up quick shots and the other players scrambling for the rebounds.

Quote:

I think the Hawks can do better. Frankly I think Ivey is better than Blake. Blake can't shoot or drive. Very weak. I am a Maryland alum so I am fairly familiar with his game.

And he plays poor defense as well.

I would love to get Claxton here for a run.