• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Statement made for Woody tonight!!!

Admin

What an outstanding job not giving up after getting down big early. I was extremely impressed by ZaZa against all of the Spurs bigs and Childress had some huge plays in the game as well. Tonight it didnt seem like Al and JJ dominated the ball and I think that was the big difference ... plus it didnt seem like the Spurs were ultra interested in the game.

So I guess the players made their statement about wanting Woody to stick around with this huge win tonight.

• Admin

it makes me happy to hear that. The owners stated before the season started that they KNOW this team is not built to win many games this year. This season is not about record, it's about teaching these guys how to win.

Despite reading that, which most everyone here and in the Atl sports media did, after 20 games we have people calling for the coaches head, as if it would make any difference at all.

It just amazes me how out of touch with reality some people are about this team and NBA basketball in general. They really seem to think that a coach controls and manipulates every aspect of the game. So despit sitting there criticizing various players skills, knowing that that player isn't overly skilled at NBA basketball. They turn around and blame the coach for things that no coach can control.

I hope woodson still hits his 20-25 game mark this season. The Hawks certainly can do it and I think they will. When that happens, I hope all those people who agreed that we would only win 20-25 before the season started, but started crying like idiots when we didn't play .500 ball to start the season, will have the guts to step up and admit that they are clueless lackwits.

well, that's coupled with the Atlanta media who essentially make no 'in depth' comments on a players skills, how a game is actually played, or what changes (in terms of player development or otherwise) could be needed.

in depth bball journalism is hard enough to find...Atlanta compounds that problem. However, Sekou has been improving, and I do appreciate his efforts.

Quote:

The owners stated before the season started that they KNOW this team is not built to win many games this year. This season is not about record, it's about teaching these guys how to win.

Despite reading that, which most everyone here and in the Atl sports media did, after 20 games we have people calling for the coaches head, as if it would make any difference at all.

This is why I feel BK needs to come out and speak on a more regular basis on what is going on. He doesn't need to state much, just that we are still heading in the direction we thought and that the plan is still in affect.

• Premium Member

Quote:

heard the Atlanta media (680 the fan) ripping BK, not Woodson, and feeling sorry for Woodson.. I think thats a bit off as well, just their spin I suppose.

I understand this position much better.

Woodson had JSmoove, and JChill playing well enough for some of us to say that these guys have a future as players/starters... Then BK went out and drafts Marvin. HOLY LOGJAM batman. How can Woody be held accountable for BK's blunders?