• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is SAR cursed?

capstone21

• Admin

I don't think he will ever make the playoffs. I mean he signs with a very talented Sacremento team and they just can't win. They have one of the best starting lineups and a really good bench. He should have signed with San Antonio or something for the minimum...the poor guy.

I agree. SAR really isnt that good first of all. He's not the kind of guy you can build around as we found out the hard way.

I was telling my friends all summer that if Shareef was smart, he'd have signed with San Antonio, because he'd be able to experience winning and most likely he would have done fairly well playing with such good players. Not even Shareef could screw up their situation.

SAR is just not very athletic, he doesnt have a great skill set, and he doesnt play very good defense. Further, he doesnt make his teammates better. I really think we blew it by trading for him. Gasol would have been a nice piece for us.

I agree. For starters, he doesn't know how to integrate his game well with the rest of the team. Granted I haven't seen him in SAC much, but he gets the ball in the post and creates his own shot. That's basically all he can do on offense. Also he always has that look of sadness nad depression on his face. That doesn't exactly motivate your teammate, when you see your top player (or one of them) walking around like the team is doomed anyhow. Reef seems like a great guy, but when it comes to basketball, he's a complete loser. I'm glad he's not here anymore.

I disagree. I think Reef is a very solid player although he does create defensive weakness in the paint vs normal PF's. He's sorta like Al but much better to me. Put them on a good team and they'll prosper, either starting or off the bench. Put them out there with a weak center and you have a problem. Reef woulda made NJ or San Antonio much better. He's a very hard worker but just not quite good enough to carry a team.

Sacramento lost most of their key role players that kept that team going. I still think they'll get it together and make the playoffs most years with their current basic lineup, maybe just not this year.

He had Theo, Big Dog, and JT here. He had Theo, Zach Randolph, and Patterson in Portland. He has Bibby, Brad Miller, Peja, and Bonzi Wells in Sacramento.

Ten years in it's time to stop making excuses.

He doesn't have the talent to be a first option. He doesn't know how to fit within a team's offense without being a top option. He doesn't move without the ball, he doesn't defend well, he doesn't pass well, he doesn't pick and roll very well. All he is good at is getting it in the post and going to work on his own to put a shot up. That's no good unless you're a star who can carry your team by making all those shots.

Again, I have no problem with his work ethic or his character.

But he's a loser at basketball.

"But he's a loser at basketball."

- i disagree. First off, Vancouver was an expansion team not lookin to get into the playoffs anytime soon. So they were DESTINED to lose (similar to Bobcats)

Then he comes to the HAWKS. do i blame him for not gettin us into the playoffs? HECK YEA I DO! but i also blame the big dog, jason terry, and theo ratliff.

He's just had really bad luck. this is his FIRST REAL GOOD CHANCE where he can make the playoffs, and after 20 games or so- u guys act as if hes the worst thing to happen to the KINGS.

the KINGS will get their act together, i still see them in the playoff picture.

and i think the KINGS fans like ABDUR-RAHIM. could be wrong... we should get their opinions.

Quote:

Yea but I still remember when he lit up Ben Wallace and detroit for 50. He was on fire that night.

He is the most tenative guy ever. He cried for fouls while his man dunked on the other end. he is slow, cannot defend, and shoots WAY too many jumpers.