• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Stan Van Gundy Quits

wartownrep

• Premium Member

Supposedly he quit for personal reasons....

Many coaches say that coaching drains them physically, emotionally, and otherwise.. Maybe that's where he is right now. Why leave with Shaq coming back.

I say we ride it out til the offseason and if needed, we get a new coach... (TERRY PORTER)...

Quote:

most coaches don't just quit. This team has talent and is standing around looking at Wade. Walker is chunking 3's and not hitting them.

Duhhhhh....they held on to 1st place without Shaq. Exactly what is the great Phil Jackson and Kobe doing without Shaq?

If we really are looking for a coach, now or in the future, he is now my 1st choice.

And yes, Riley is a hollywood backstabber....I don't care what disclamer he is using. GM's don't step down to coach on a long term basis unless that is excatly what he wants to do.... try and grab another ring to massage the ego.

Quote:

Quote:

most coaches don't just quit. This team has talent and is standing around looking at Wade. Walker is chunking 3's and not hitting them.

Duhhhhh....they held on to 1st place without Shaq. Exactly what is the great Phil Jackson and Kobe doing without Shaq?

If we really are looking for a coach, now or in the future, he is now my 1st choice.

And yes, Riley is a hollywood backstabber....I don't care what disclamer he is using. GM's don't step down to coach on a long term basis unless that is excatly what he wants to do.... try and grab another ring to massage the ego.

It will not work.... Shaq's too far over the hill to lead

a team to a title and they have some questionable pieces

now... No way do they get past Detroit or SA.