• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Roy Williams never starts freshmen.... BS!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

I know...

I'm looking at all this crap that you and KB are posting about how "great" Marvin will be in 5 yrs. You don't draft a project with the 2nd pick overall. Especially a Project who couldn't beat out the guy in front of him.

Hinrich started as a freshman instead of a guy who was a 5th yr Senior..

You do the math.

Did that 5th year senior ahead of Kirk Hinrich get drafted into the NBA?

I'm just wondering, because the guy that Marvin played behind at North Carolina was the 13th pick in the draft. So, he should have started over an NBA player that was a senior and had been a three year starter at North Carolina?

That's the typical spin I expect out of a liberal type though.

I wonder if JR Smith would have started over Rashad McCants had he decided to go to UNC instead of the NBA? The answer is not only no, but hell no. It hasn't diminished what he is becoming in the NBA though.

I'm also curious as to why Marvin was the guy on the floor during the critical stretches of UNC's games last year instead of one of the seniors on the team?

Quote:

Did that 5th year senior ahead of Kirk Hinrich get drafted into the NBA?

I'm just wondering, because the guy that Marvin played behind at North Carolina was the 13th pick in the draft. So, he should have started over an NBA player that was a senior and had been a three year starter at North Carolina?

That's the typical spin I expect out of a liberal type though.

Well if you must know, I usually vote conservative - and the guy Marvin played behind did not get drafted 13th, he wasn't drafted at all.

• Premium Member

Have you noticed all of the personal attacks the KB is trying to mount?

If it were me.. When have I ever been a Liberal? KB, you're weak. you're trying to change the subject and put fourth lies... and justify your lies with character attacks...

Can we get any truth from you?

Diesel, actually Marvin played behind both of them, they had a three man rotation in the post.

As most people who really follow basketball, like yourself, the "starter" is not always the best man for the job, and what really matter is who's on the court at the end of the game when its close. Marvin Came off the bench, buy Roy had him in there to close out games.

Luckily he did, because if he hadn't, then who knows how the Duke and Illinois games would have ended.

And...this is how it went down, not exactly the way you described it:

4:21 - May hit 2 free throws. - Unc 70-67

3:50 - Deron missed a 3-pointer, Marvin rebounds it.

3:45 - Marvin turns it over.

3:14 - Dee Brown misses a 3. Felton rebounds it.

3:07 - Melvin Scott misses a jumper and Dee brown rebounds it.

2:40 - Luther Head hits a 3 - Game tied at 70.

2:19 - Marvin misses a jumper and Dee Brown rebounds it.

2:03 - Deron misses a 3.

1:31 - Rashad misses a layup, Marvin rebounds it and puts it back in to go up 2.

• Admin

You are correct he did play behind Williams but Williams is a quality player. He was not an NBA player but he was deserving the start. He did a lot of the little things and he was a leader. You don't start a freshmen over that. Plus, having Marvin on the bench gave the tar heels a spark when he came into the game.

• Premium Member

I know you're almost as big a MW Mark as KB.. But let's bring some truth to the matter.

This is the time I got off the MW bandwagon... After 2 dreadful games in the NCAA, Marvin plays in the Illinois game.

Illinois makes it's 15 point comeback when Marvin enters the game.

Had Marvin not been in the game, there would have been no need for a game winning tip.

You and KB make so much of the "game winning tip"... it's foolishness to believe that one tip makes you worthy of the 2nd pick overall.