• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Paul talking about Atlanta.

Diesel

• Premium Member

790 the zone just reported that Paul when asked about where did he think he would be drafted... He said, he was looking forward to going to Atlanta. He thought that he had his best workout for the Hawks. He was asked loosely about the kind of backcourt that he and JJ could be and if they could have dominated the EC, he said " Exactly!"...

I get the feeling that Chris Paul is going to make it his business to try to punish Atlanta everytime he plays us.

Would of been nice. this mistake will hunt us for the next 15 years unless we can some how sign him when he becomes a free agent or draft a superb pg like him in the future which are both highly unlikely. Just think. Paul/JJ/whoever/Al/Zaza has up in coming playoff team written all over it. But there's the big if question. Would BK sign JJ if he drafted Paul? He signed JJ as a pg remember and Chills was suppose to be our sg.

If we continue to play like we have the last couple games, this talk about Chris Paul will hopefully fly by the wayside...I don't think we need Chris Paul if Ivey/Lue gets better. I think there is upside to Ivey, he is no longterm answer as a starting PG but I don't think Paul was the absolute must have savior for the franchise at PG....and the reason we played poorly was overall team play not responding to coach and being selfish, not PG..

• Premium Member

Nope.

The only thing that will make the Paul talk cease is Marvin...

For example.. Has anybody stop talking about the fact that Detroit could have had Wade, Bosh, or Mello??

In the circle of people I know, they chime it all the time...

And Detroit is damn good right now. conversation:

Diesel: "You know those Pistons are looking really good these days".

AD: " Just imagine if they had gotten Wade instead of Darko.".

I think this same fate will befall upon the Hawks until Marvin actually does something to validate his pick.

The really bad part is that during BK's interview this morning he was asked about picking Marvin or Paul. He said he doesn't regret it and won't look back. He did says however he believes Marvin will be a really good player and can see him averaging 15-20 ppg in his prime. I was like wtf. 15-20 points. That's some bullsh*t. I truly hopes he becomes damn near unstoppable for being a #2 pick but if BK believes at best he will average 15-20 points a game then he drafted the wrong player.

• Premium Member

He's not looking back because the veiw is very bad. I heard him with his relax speech... He knows he screwed the pooch picking Marvin..

He says 15-20 ppg... We can get that from tim thomas.

I believe that's about as much of an admission of "I f'ed up" that you will get from BK.

But at least BK leveled with the people with the truth. Marvin was a gamble... a dumb gamble... and we will pay for it in years to come.

Quote:

The only thing dumb would have been to pass on Marvin Williams. It would have been similar to taking Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordan.

Uhhh....you do realize that Jordan was the two time college player of the year when he came out, dont you? He wasn't exactly a risky pick.

I was fine with BK gambling on Marvin if he thought that he looked like he had tremendous potential in the workouts, but KB's obsession is getting ridiculous, almost Diesel-like. I think we all hope that Marvin will bear out and become a true stud, but to act like it's a certainty at this point is laughable. Especially with Paul looking great early in the season

Quote:

Acting like Marvin doesn't have the potential to be great is what is assinine.

Lots of guys have potential. Kwame, Curry, Chandler, Dunleavy, Darko, Sam Bowie, Swift, and on and on were all seen to have great potential when they were drafted.

Problem is great potential doesn't always lead to great production.

Those being can Marvin lead a team as a #2 pick should be able to and what is his maturity level. Those are huge issues considering that so much of becoming a great athlete is mental. We have yet to see if Marvin has the mental toughness to become great, or even the desire to become great. I think that he does, but only time will tell.

Quote:

Sorry, but Sam Bowie never had great potential, and all of those other guys had question marks about there games when they came out. There are no question marks about Marvin's game. The only thing he lacks is experience.

There are plenty of questions about Marvin's game:

1. Can he be a team leader;

2. Can he be the focal point of an offense;

3. What position is he best suited for;

4. Can he add strength and weight while retaining quickness;

5. Can he penetrate to the basket;

6. etc.

You are shoveling some really stinky stuff right now.

I don't think the issue is Marvin vs Paul. I don't think the issue is whether or not Marvin becomes a superstar. I personally don't believe either player will be a superstar. I think they both will be solid starter to star. I feel that if Marvin avges between 15-20 ppg that BK made the right choice. You don't have to score over 20 ppg in this league to be a good player. With what Marvin brings other than scoring points, rebounding, hustle, defense, etc.its worth it. Tim Thomas isn't that kind of player. Scoring points isn't all this league is about...it is playing within the team concept, character, on and off the court.

I don't have rose colored glasses on about Marvin. I feel that when he gains experience in the league he will come along fine. Do I feel he will be a surefire superstar? hell no. But I do feel he might have the potential to become one and that is worth it for me. If Marvin doesn't pan out and Paul puts up 17 pts and 7 assists for his entire career and stays healthy I'll eat my words. I'm not too proud not to.