• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Paul talking about Atlanta.

Diesel

Ivey/Lue gets better."

What makes you think they are going to get better? Neither

have even the potential to improve over what they are.

The Bottomline is that the Hawks choose a soft player. What

kind of adult watches Spoonge Bob? That shoulda gave us

some sort of hint. It would be great even he could develop

into a Mash type of player... But I doubt it.

Sadly, it's a mistake made by guys who make lots of them.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Sorry, but Sam Bowie never had great potential

What the F are you talking about? Your fanatasy has gone to your mind and you're just putting out all kind of WRONG BS...

Do you even know how good Bowie was? At the time of the pick, nobody complained about Olajuwon and nobody complained about Bowie... You know why? Because of Bowie's potential. Bowie was a 7'1 center who could rebound and block shots. He had an excellent outside shot (three-point range), ran the floor well for a big man, and had an excellent team attitude. Perhaps his most remarkable skill was his passing which was unmatched at the time for a man at his position.

"No Great Potential"???

How many more lies will you tell in defense of your Marvin?

• Admin

You're being ridiculous. If BK honestly thinks that Marvin will only be a 15-20ppg player, in his prime. Only a fool would sit there and try to say that we didn't screw the pooch by not taking Paul when the man who picked him has publically given him rather low prospects, for a #2 pick.

Chris Paul, right now, as a rookie, is having a greater impact than any 15-20ppg player in the entire league. If he only improves by 10% over the remainder of his career (which would likely make him a 20ppg player himself), his impact will dwarf practially every 20/10 player in the game.

Unless marvin becomes a 20+/10+ player who is a dominant defender, his impact will not match chris pauls as a rookie.

In the last 5 games Marvin has been averaging 22 minutes and has scored a TOTAL of 20 points. That is so lame.

They would be getting much more prodution from Donta if he played those minutes. Whenever Donta got the chance to play he made things happen. Sometimes he made mistakes due to being too aggressive but at least it seemed like he wanted to be on the court.

Marvin has been playing like he should be wearing a skirt.

Quote:

Yeah, whatever.

The only thing dumb would have been to pass on Marvin Williams. It would have been similar to taking Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordan.

...if Sam Bowie had averaged 18/8 and MJ 5/4.

Walter

5 or so years of not adequately filling the Sf position during the immediate post-'Nique years will pale in comparison to the time we go without a legitimate Pg

It took the team 2 games to realize JJ isn't a Pg in this league and I'm not sure KB realizes it. It will take KB years to realize MW is simply another reasonably good 'tweener and we missed out not drafting Paul. KB's resistance to acknowledge his mistakes in assessing player abilities in these two matters is Diesel-esque of old.

Mind you, I would have picked Deron over Paul based upon my info, but he's already a top 20 Pg. I'm not sure what MW will become, but at Sf, with our glut there, he'd have to be MJ to be worth more to us than a legitimate star Pg/Pg prospect.

W