• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Not even a reach around

Admin

the Hawks got f*cked again tonight. Korver guilty of not 1, but 2 freakin fouls on the same play and we dont get either call and whats worse we had to foul right after that to stop the clock, which leads to the Smith technical, which leads to the Woody technical. We should have gone up by 1 on that play but instead the game falls apart and we lose thanks to crappy officiating again.

By the way Woody, I realize you are trying to stand up for your team there at the end, but getting ejected with 19 seconds left in a close game was stupid. Oh and why did Webber get 2 FTs for that?

Aside from this, there were plenty of positives to take from this game. Smith really seems to be maturing lately and Childress is getting back into the groove and Lue is playing very well off the bench. I really believe that if we had ZaZa tonight we would have won the game, but we still fought hard to the end so gotta give the boys credit for that tonight.

Smoove in the back. Not only did they miss that call, they let Korver whack Chillz on the arm on the very same play and they didn't call that one either! Compound that with the fact that they didn't call Philly for a single foul until 4:20 left in the 2nd quarter and it is easy to see that we got screwed by the officials in this one. If we even BREATHED on AI it was a foul but we couldn't get an obvious call down the stretch. No respect equals no calls.

yeah there were the stupid turnovers but they seemed to make up for them on D. i was there and although Smoove only gets credit for 3 blks, he altered many more. they were scared to go up on him. chillz with 4 steals and 3 highlight dunks. TLue gettin booed all game only fired him up. Iverson was floppin like ginobli/vlade all night. if i can see that from the nose-bleed level why can't 3 refs see it on court? over half of JSmooves fouls this season never actually happened. we needed more from JJ in second half

• Premium Member

I know that in a game that has been officiated right and with Zaza on the floor, we would beat the 76ers. I'm really liking the direction that this team is going. We shouldn't make any changes unless we can bring in a defensive big man for a pick.

Korver pushed in the back, chopped like Karl Malone, I guess he even tripped... No call. THis is a problem of respect... BUT Woody has to stand up, take the "T" and even be ejected... It's his time to do that. The refs won't respect the Hawks unless the Hawks have somebody pleading their case and drawing attention... I much rather see Woody taking the "T" than to see our players trying to argue calls. That was the "Al Henderson" disease.

FSN didn't have a good shot of what smoove did to get teed up, but throwing your headband? please. carmelo threw the ball into the crowd when the nuggets played miami at home and did NOT get a T. he was later fined for it.

i know there's a big picture, but i'm not sure about woodson taking two techs when we're down 4. there isn't much to gain in the current game because there were only about 20 seconds left. if he's thinking down the road, then he could have attacked the refs after the game. i didn't end up costing us, but it could have.

• Moderators

Actually I thought we still had a chance to hit some 3s and foul, but I'm still glad he got ejected. I wish it had been more of a scene to draw attention to it. The national articles today only say 'hawks were not happy with officiating' If he had stomped around the court and caused a ruckus it would have made the highlights and then they would have shown why he was so mad. Which would have put the refs in the spotlight for bad calls.

I don't think the league office needs to be involved. Refs just don't like players who disrespect the rules, and you can be sure that every ref in the country knows every time an nba player is suspended for a dirty play, and they don't like it. That kind of rep can snowball on a player like it did for Sheed, who eventually was getting T'd up for glares.

From what the announcers said, it seemed like the ref thought Smoove through the headband AT him, whereas he was just throwing it at the ground cause he was pissed.

To be honest, I'm not so mad about the T, those things happen. I'm furious about the 2 no-calls

• Premium Member

I'm not too concerned about the bad officiating. It's too easy to look at how things are going wrong and judge a team or a particular player; when you look at a team like ours, that is going to do many things wrong, it's hard to gauge them if you focus on that. So, I tend to focus on the positives of our games to see how we are progressing. Last night, our boys never let the game get out of control and despite being a man down, on a back-to-back, going against a fully stocked Philly team...they damn near came out with a W. They played up to the game.

We're getting there. You can definitely see the chemistry growing and I'm glad it's happening before the trade deadline.

What's funny was looking at Philly in the waning moments of the game. They were looking around like, "Damn, we JUST did sneak out of here with this one..." grin.gif

• Premium Member

The early lose because of officiating, I will chalk up as a good thing. It's helping to build the chemistry that was already being built. We have really good chemistry and it's starting to come together.

We shouldn't trade anybody right now.

In fact, the only trade I'm really interested in us doing is a 2nd rounder for W. Simien. I have a feeling that Pat Riley would do it. He's a veteran's coach. Simien gives us a good young guy with great post moves.

If we were planning to bring somebody in, I would ask about Mamadou, Shawn Kemp, Christian Laettner, or Keon Clark.

What we really need to happen is for NY to waive Antonio Davis. I think Davis would join us here... He's exactly what we need as a BU C.

But for now, we have to be pleased with the effort we're putting out. Philly is a good team like San Antonio and Cleveland... We were right there with them despite the horrible officiating.

• Moderators

Plus it was back to back road games for us. I thought JJ should have had more touches toward the end but he may have been fatigued.

They are playing well and you're not going to win all close games. If they keep playing this way they will beat a lot of teams in the east.

Early in the game it looked like we were in trouble. I really dont know how we turned it around. I'm impressed. We didnt have our only decent bigman, AI was hot, we had some stupid turnovers and still could have won.

The call at the end was bad when replayed but I bet if Chillz has to do it again he goes up stronger. If he had, the foul might not have mattered or at least it would have been more noticeable. The refs just dont like to make a call at the end of a game like that.

I'm not sure that Edwards or Batista are ever gonna be worth keeping as 12th men even. One of the most noticeable things to me though was how Dalembert just disappeared during the game. Chandler isnt doing anything this year and Dalembert just doesnt look worth the money either, I'm glad we didnt go after either.