• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

JO interview

exodus

• Moderators

This discussion is somewhat pointless but why is that Rodman kicked a photographer (barely) for no reason and Artest was justified for going into the stands during a game and repeatedly punching anyone he could find.

I'm not saying Rodman was a picnic but despite Artest's talent he hasn't proven to be winner. He's on a great team but he doesn't come through for them. Rodman was there playing for the Bulls when they needed him. He was disruptive but he came through.

And please. Getting hit with a plastic beer cup 2 minutes before you hit the showers is not justification for going into the stands and fighting fans.

Nice revisionist history. Rodman missed more practices and was late for more games in one year than Artest has been in his whole career. When he was with the Spurs he would go to the end of the bench and take off his shoes and not even bother to go in the huddles. He also repeatedly criticized Robinson, their best player.

Phil Jackson basically gave up trying to get Rodman to show up on time for games. If the team was required to show up 2 hours before gametime Rodman would waltz in 30-45 minutes before the tip.

And Indy was a heartbeat away from the finals the year Detroit won it all. They had a brutal 7 game series. Then Detroit abused LA.

Artest is a great defender and a scorer. Rodman was pretty worthless on offense.

Quote:

Artest is exactly like T.O., putting his needs before the needs of a team. I highly doubt BK would willingly bring such a time bomb into such a precocious locker room.

There is a huuuge difference between artest and TO. TO gets mad and goes after his teammates. Artest is a great teammate, who only pisses them off because he ends up getting suspended / removed when he could be helping them on the court. That is very different from a TO who will rip his coach in public, rip his QB in public, punch his teammate etc... and that is the point I am trying to make.

There's a big difference between getting yourself in trouble, and going at it with your teammates. Both are negative, but it's still quite different.

Again, I am not saying all will be perfect and there is no risk, I just think it's a lot closer to being worth it than some people think. I really don't think there would be any problems amongst teammates. As I've said before, the thing I am most afraid of is him freaking out because of the losing.

Honestly though, it would be a big risk and I can't really see BK doing it unless it is to later (or immediately) ship Artest for more players

Quote:

Its an insult to Rodman and Sheed to compare them to Artest. Rodman never attacked fans, and he was a key component to a lot of championships. Sheed may have gotten T'ed up a lot but what teammates have anything bad to say about them.

Artest is a great player but he has nothing to show for it.

wasnt sheed the one who intentionally threw a ball the length of the court right at teammate ruben boumtje boumjte's (sp?)head?

From what they said on TV...Artest is interested in going to Cleveland and playing with LeBron. Maybe some other good teams are on his radar too. I seriously doubt he wants to come here. Granted he wouldn't have any choice if he waas traded here, but he'd likely see it as a 'dis' and be a bigger mess than usual here.