Diesel

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Forward Al Harrington said Sunday he would prefer to stay an Atlanta Hawk the rest of the season. But if the Nuggets somehow acquired him, he would have no problems with that either.

Sounds to me like the Post and the Revue listened to Al at the same time.

The more experienced, Nationally Recognized Mark J. Spears reported that Al prefers being a Hawk, while the other guy gives his readers a little Eye candy...

Funny I didn't see any Al quotes there. I must not be reading them right.

To summarize I am not interested in what anyone says but Al himself. His quotes make his intentions very clear.

Reporters can be unreliable, as you undoutedly found out with that "Nene is unrestricted" nonsense. Have you gotten the egg off your face yet?

read. Show me where Al has said this:

"I want to play in Denver, not Atlanta." or "I dont want to play in Atlanta."

Dont show me, "I am willing to play in Denver." That will just prove my point.

"I would love if some of you new trolls weren't so dense, but I shouldn't expect more than that". - me

I would expect comments like that from Artest but not Al. Al isn't going to issue a trade demand. He has more sense than that. Not only would it show a lack of class it would also decrease his value.

However saying things like:

"It would take a lot for Atlanta to sign me."

"They would need to bring in some veterans."

"I would love to play (anywhere but Atlanta)"

makes his intentions pretty clear. He even mentioned that their star player, Carmelo, would be willing to move to the two to accomodate Al.

If Al walked around with a "TRADE ME" sign over his head you guys would probably say he is just doing that because he lost a bet.

Nobody else feels a little betrayed by these comments made by Al? I mean...how would his teammates feel? As a fan of the Hawks I feel more than a little bit betrayed by this. The fans deserve better. A player should not talk about playing for another team. Especially not during the middle of the season. That is utterly classless if you ask me.

Quote:

Harrington said he would welcome a trade to Denver. If that doesn't happen, he said he will consider the Nuggets when he becomes a free agent after the season.

"Definitely, if they got some money out there for me," Harrington said before Atlanta's 110-107 overtime win Sunday against the Nuggets.

"Denver is a place I would love to play. I think they've got a lot of pieces. They might be missing one piece, somebody like myself or Ron Artest."

"(Carmelo Anthony) could play shooting guard," said Harrington, who probably would have to go to the Nuggets in the summer in a sign-and-trade because the Nuggets probably will not have enough salary-cap room. "That would create all types of mismatches."

He's already talking about mismatches he and Carmello would create? Are you kidding me? Billy Knight, please trade this treasonist scoundrel. We don't need a player that would be disloyal enough to talk about playing for another team while wearing a Hawks uniform.

You are not the only one. These statements are way out of line for a player presently playing with another team.

When you start talking about matchups on another team, it appears you have your bags packed up and you are ready to go.

Yes he crossed the line with these comments.

I was a huge Al supporter. I even wanted us to resign him, but these comments put a lot of doubt in my mind.

He probably shouldn't have went into so much detail about Denver and how he would fit..However, it could be that he knows or feels something is going on and BK obviously hasn't told him he will be staying put at least throughout the season.

As far as Al the player goes, I think most here way overrate him..He has a good offensive game but is very inconsistant..His defense is consistant, consistantly bad..Al gives little or no effort on interior defense..He is the main reason our lane is always wide open, Al can be standing right there and he becomes a spectater.

Perhaps Al knows something we don't...maybe he has been informed by Billy Knight that he will more than likely be traded, and that's why he is so cavalier with these remarks about playing for Denver, because in his mind, he already knows he will not be a Hawk for much longer.

If that's not the case, and the Hawks weren't for sure going to trade him, those comments would be enough in my opinion for a fine at least, but I would just trade him if there was a decent trade on the table. Phil Jackson just got fined for saying he would like to sign Chris Bosh when he becomes a free agent. The Hawks should fine Al for talking about playing for the Nuggets.

My view is that we need a pg, center and defense. We can get all three by trading one of our surplus of forwards, who will be a free agent and obviously wants to play elsewhere.

If this trade rumor is legit, and there really isn't any way to know that it is, it would be foolish for BK not to take it.

Unless of course he can pry Livingston away from the Clips.

Quote:

Carmello can't play SG even if he lost 30 pounds and got a handle and a shot.

Carmelo already did lose 30 pounds and his offensive game is based on his handle, being able to beat people off the dribble. He continually blew by the Hawks even though they were doubling him.

His weakness is his outside shot, not his handle.

It's definitely upsetting to hear comments like these from Al. You don't say things like that when you are under contract playing for another team.

Most of the time guys talk about their current team when asked about playing for another team. What if a coach said they would love to coach the Denver Nuggets? That is unprofessional, and frankly stupid.

Diesel basically nailed the analysis of Al being moved in the offseason. If we don't trade him this year, it is virtually impossible for Al to sign elsewhere without us getting anything in return.

Players who sign contracts as big as Al's will be, don't just walk. People, pay attention in the offseason. The league is structured so that it is nearly impossible to lose a significant player without getting something back.

How does this scenario sound? Receiving Nene and Watson from Denver for Al. Then drafting Rudy Gay.

Quote:

How does this scenario sound? Receiving Nene and Watson from Denver for Al.

Read through the threads. we've covered that pretty thoroughly.

The thing that cracks me up about Diesel is that he has been saying all along that Al loves his role here and wants to stay. Now he is saying he will be forced to stay because of other teams financial constraints.

BK has a high opinion of Al as a person and if Al tells him he wants to play elsewhere I have no doubt BK will trade him. No point in keeping someone who doesn't want to play here, especially if they play matador D.

LOL @ people mad at Al now. Why? Because we've had our best week of basketball in 2 years, and everybody expects him to stay now? LOL.

Al pretty much knows that he's not coming back. So why not talk yourself up? He's looking to get P - A - I - D !!

This isn't about team loyalty. This is about business.

Some of you are sounding like how Suns fans did when JJ asked the ownership to trade him.