• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I have a winning trade....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Salim Stoudamire for Kendrick Perkins.

Here's how I see it.

Perkins is the big body young C that we need to be an enforcer. He's a good BU C.

Salim's minutes are down. He's an undersized 2 with a good work ethic. Seeing that Boston needs somebody that can stretch the defense. Salim may be able to get some minutes as a PG with Paul and Davis' ball handling ability.

Also, Doc doesn't play Perkins anyway.

Trading Salim right now would be a mistake, because we don't know how good he will be...ya know like when Boston traded Joe. He is a special shooter, that has a strong work ethic and a chip..we may want to see what that equals.

Plus this team fits Salim now...with JJ Royal or Chillz up top initiating the offense while Salim is in, we don't really have to go small for Salim to play as a 2.

• Premium Member

Salim is good and definitely instant offense and definitely has a very good work ethic..

But Perkins has the potential to be a beast.

However, he's not getting the PT. Doc doesn't seem to like him. He plays Blount, Lafrentz and won't play Perkins.

• Admin

I agree that we could use a big body. But I'm not sold on moving Salim just yet. I'm certainly not a salim-zealot like some people. But I think he has the attitude and scoring ability that could really help us as we continue to improve.

I think his shortened minutes are just a by product of the team playing better. As they continue to improve, his role will be expanded to match his production in it.

If it was for a known commodity, I would be all over it. But trading him for a guy who is realistically a 3rd string C, makes me uneasy. especially when he's undersized as perkins is.

I would do that trade. Salim is a nice player and all but with JJ firmly entrenched at shooting guard Salim will never be more then a back-up here - especially if the Hawks ever get a legitimate point guard. Perkins, remember, also has a chance to develop into something useful and I would much rather have a legit bigman then an undersized shooting guard.

• Admin

does perkins really have? It's not like this is his 2nd year. This is his 4th season in the league and he's been very very underwhelming. I would much rather have a 40% 3pt shooting backup G than I would a 3rd string center who averages 4ppg. It's not like he's playing on a team with a lot of depth as his position. If he had the talent and/or desire, he should be getting more time on that team.

• Admin

O'neal did have Sabonis playing in front of him. Perkins doesn't have anyone near that caliber playing in front of him in Boston. I'm not saying he doesn't have the potential. But there's a reason why he doesn't time in Boston and it's not because they are stacked at his position.

I agree that Lue could fill Salims spot. But at what cost? We can get Salim for 4 years, for nothing. Lue will cost us a lot more. On another note, we konw what Lue is going to do. He's not going to get better. Salim is just a rookie. He could develop into a lot more than he appears to be right now.