• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Am I the only one?

tmac13

particularly when he kept breaking Salim's ankles and getting by him at will. He was knocking down his J as well, going 3 of 7 from the 3 pt line. Good thing Lue was there to slow him down a little.

Since Boykins went out, Watson has averaged:

28 mpg, 45% fg, 45% 3pfg, 14.1 ppg, 4.5 apg, 2 spg, 2.8 rbg, 1.8 topg. I'd LOVE to get that kind of production from our starting PG - particularly for one who defends like Watson.

As for Nene, he has the potential to be better than Zaza but worse case, I think he will be just as good. I'd be very happy with two Zaza's up front or even with one backing up the other at the 4/5.

Obviously, Al is clearly better than either of them right now and he might always be. But what are you willing to pay Al to stay?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

But I think resigning Al will not be difficult, as long as we continue to play well and improve. Sure there will be a lot of teams that want him. But realistically, there aren't that many that could get him without doing a SnT, which benefits us more later than it does now. Because his value will be higher by season end than it is even now.

As for nene, his potential is completely offset by his injuries. If he does have all this talent and potential, yet Denver would cut him loose, it has to be because they don't trust his health. I would rather lose Al outright, than to bring in a young version of Hendu and have to pay him for nothing. That's the risk we and everyone else would take for Nene. Besides, he's going to be a free agent soon anyway. If we want him, go for him then. But don't send one of our best players off for a busted up rental.

at $8M a season or so (actually a little less if we gave him 10.5% raises each year). That said, I'll bet he gets an offer or two that would pay him more than $8M a season to start though the total value of the contract would likely be between $52M-$55M (starting around $9M a season) because 5 yrs is the max he could get from another team.

• Premium Member

Quote:

But realistically, there aren't that many that could get him without doing a SnT, which benefits us more later than it does now. Because his value will be higher by season end than it is even now.

I've been suggesting Al would go to Chicago for so long that I'm getting on my own nerves. They have the money (at least $8M), the desire (supposedly Paxson loves Harrington; remember that he tried to trade the #7 pick for him a couple of years ago), and the need (for a low post scorer).

Quote:

If he does have all this talent and potential, yet Denver would cut him loose, it has to be because they don't trust his health.

Not quite. It's about money, money they would rather give to a young All-Star named Carmelo.

What I realize is that Nene does not play next to Camby because he is not starting. Nene is a bench player, which is where he is should be. Nene is a terrible shot blocker for his size which is exactly what we don't need. Watson, like Nene, is also a bench player. He could not beat out Williams in Memphis and he can not beat out Boykins as the 2nd point guard in Denver. If Karl has little use for Watson then why should we believe he is the savior at our point position? Trading Al, a bona fide starter, for two bench players is not getting equal value.

The Hawks have two options with Al:

-Trade him for lesser value

-Let him play out the season and risk losing him for nothing.

Those are their only options. No team will trade equal value for a player who can leave them at the end of the season.

*This has been a recording*