• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin coming out party tonight!!

Admin

Quote:

As far as work ethic goes, when he showed up to his pre-draft workouts out of shape that definitely raised a red flag with me.

Totally understandable. I don't remember all the circumstances surrounding that workout (and it was just the Hawks one that I recall him needing rest, right?), but there isn't always danger present every time a red flag gets raised. I've been glad to see that he hasn't looked winded in any games yet depsite the adjustment to the NBA schedule.

I have to admit it was cool to see the skill he had with the ball and see him take over a game, garbage time or not.

Reports from the Bucks were that he got winded easily too.

Looks like JJ is a very highly conditioned athlete. Hopefully his work ethic will rub off on Marvin.

Quote:

I've been glad to see that he hasn't looked winded in any games yet depsite the adjustment to the NBA schedule.

To be fair, he hasn't played a lot of heavy minutes yet. But your point is a good one!

Quote:

It's easy to be productive in garbage time. Have a good

game when it actually is a game.

I agree with this statement. It is the same reason why Travis Outlaw and Skita always look so good in the preseason - probably not to the same degree but the same principal.

That is my experience anyway from all the sports I played. Once the level of intensity drops it makes it a lot easier to do things.

Quote:

To be fair, he hasn't played a lot of heavy minutes yet.

And that's right, and it should be noted. I think Woody deserves some credit for the way he's patiently bringing him along at a good pace.

I was wondering last week if maybe it would help Marvin to play some in the NBDL, just to give him a bridge from the college game to the pro game. But garbage time against the Heat bench is a better place for him to gain confidence than in the NBDL any day.

It might not translate to wins right now, but a blowout loss does have its benefits when and if the young guys take advantage of the opportunity to explore their abilities in a live game situation.

Bad loss, but another learning step for a lot of our guys.