• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How much Money is NENE seeking?

Diesel

Quote:

But do any of those guys help their teams win?

You think the Hawks will win giving up 45 pts in the paint per game?

Any big man who has ability will get paid. Nene is seen by most non-Hawks homers as being the best available center. He will get paid.

The key issue is that the Hawks have all the leverage against him. How many offer sheets did Curry, Chandler and Dalembert get from other teams last year?

Coming off an injury Nene is unlikely to go the Rodmonovich route taking a one year tender offer. And other teams are unlikely to sign him to an offer sheet for fear the Hawks will simply match. After the JJ episode other teams know the Hawks will pay a player they like.

Nene may not like it but he will quickly learn losing a season due to injury in a contract year can be expensive.

Quote:

Quote:

But do any of those guys help their teams win?

You think the Hawks will win giving up 45 pts in the paint per game?

Any big man who has ability will get paid. Nene is seen by most non-Hawks homers as being the best available center. He will get paid.

The key issue is that the Hawks have all the leverage against him. How many offer sheets did Curry, Chandler and Dalembert get from other teams last year?

Coming off an injury Nene is unlikely to go the Rodmonovich route taking a one year tender offer. And other teams are unlikely to sign him to an offer sheet for fear the Hawks will simply match. After the JJ episode other teams know the Hawks will pay a player they like.

Nene may not like it but he will quickly learn losing a season due to injury in a contract year can be expensive.

actually, since he is coming off injury he may want to sign the one year tender so he can play well for a year and get a bigger deal after. If he is as good as advertised it should be a no brainer.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Funny thing is, the Hawks were the "second runners" for all three of those players.

Teams with cap space next year:

1. Chicago

2. New Orleans

3. Charlotte (waiting one more year for their "big splash")

The competition for Nene would be Chicago and New Orleans. Chicago just spent all that money on Chandler, so I doubt they break the bank for more potential. They would break it for Al, however.

New Orleans could really use Nene IMO. I'm not sure how much cap space they have because the two sites I use differ by $4M or $5M, but they should have enough to make a good offer for him.

Either way, since Atlanta has the resources and the need for Nene, they would have MAJOR leverage.

• Premium Member

I don't understand N.O.

They trade Magloire for Mason?

Moreover, I don't see Nene signing a 1 yr tender... That's wishful thinking.

Lastly, I don't think Nene' has done anything to prove to be worth 6 yr 64 million dollars which is what his agent and him wants.

At some point, you have to stop the insanity.

About us. We didn't flinch when Chandler, Dalembert were on the market and we had lots of money. I don't think we'll do too much flinching with Nene.

• Premium Member

I have visions of Theo sitting with a cast on his hand for half a season.. no one year. no.. one year and a half... Then finally playing.. and we suck.

Nene has that same thing that Camby and Theo had... Just injured a lot. Maybe not career ending but he becomes undependable.

• Premium Member

Quote:

So he is injury prone?

It's debatable. He's hurt himself twice going for rebounds, and in both cases one could make the case that they were simply fluke accidents.

In his first two years, he played in 157 of 162 games.

Last year, he missed 23 games due to a sprained left knee. He healed, and reportedly worked out with Amare and Juwan Howard in the offseason.

His injury this year could happen to any NBA player (torn ACL).