• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Two really good simple trades that help...

Diesel

• Premium Member

The first:

John Edwards/Salim to Charlotte for Primoz Brezec.

This trade would be good for Charlotte because it gives them a young shooter. Right now, their shooting is dependent on Gerald to get the three or Brevin to hit the three. A three can open up room for May/Okafor to work down low.

I like Brezec. I think given playing time, he could prove to be very useful... Like Zaza.

OR

The Second:

Donta to Toronto for Loren Woods.

This trade is very simple. Donta is a beast but we don't have any room for him here. I think he could go to Toronto and grow (after they trade Mo Pete). US getting Loren Woods would be us picking up a player who can play defense and rebound. I think he would be perfect off the bench. I could actually see him playing as many as 22-24 mpg in compliment to Zaza.

• Premium Member

What's short about Donta for Loren Woods??

The way I see it, with Smoove, Chillz, Marvin, and JJ.. Donta will never play here. That's why we sent him down. It's not that Donta lacked skills.. He had skills coming out. It's that we can't find PT for him. Loren Woods is Big.. He blocks shots. He plays good defense. I think Toronto would be tempted because they lose very little because they can call up Pape Sow.

What's short about Delk/Salim for Brezec??

Brezec is good.

And Salim will have the same problem as Donta. With no way of getting playing time save Injury to JJ.. Salim is just riding the bench.

Loren Woods has played in exactly four games this season, and he's a career 3.2 RPG player. He's wasted height. How can he make an impact for Atlanta when he can't even play for a Toronto team that is weaker than we are on the inside?

Primoz Brezec is yet another guy who doesn't play a lick of interior defense. He's a weaker rebounder than Nene Hilario.

Salim will always have playing time on this team when things move forward because he can shoot the ball. Donta will also get into the rotation at some point because he has the talent to do so can play both the shooting guard and small forward positions. You will never get return value by trading two young guys with potential for two stiffs.

I agree that Woods is a waste of space, but I wouldn't say that Toronto is as thin as us on the inside. The only decent big 4/5 that we have is Zaza. Toronto has araujo, bosh, bonner, pape sow, and villanueva, all at 6-10 or taller and more talented than any of our bigs other than zaza.

donta for woods is trading nothing for nothing in my eyes. Neither one would play after the trades either.

Arajou isn't even as good as John Edwards. The only player that plays the 4/5 for Toronto that is worth a snot is Chris Bosh.

Atlanta at least has Zaza Pachulia and Josh Smith inside, and Marvin can slide down and play the power forward slot as well.

• Premium Member

Woods have played 4 games.. Donta has played 1 game...

I think that Sam Mitchell is responsible for not playing Woods. I think Woods has talent. He had it at Arizona. I would like to see if us getting the 7 footer and giving him minutes would bring out his talent.

Undoubtedly, no other coach believes he has that talent either. Sam Mitchell isn't playing him because he isn't any good. It's no different than every other coach he's had. He's been with Minnesota, Miami, and now Toronto, and not once has he gotten over 15 minutes per game for any of them.

Loren Woods lacks balance, lacks a post game offensively, and is very weak defensively on the blocks because he can't root his way around in the paint. He's an extremely weak player who also doesn't give 100% effort on every play.

I don't care that Donta has only played one game this season for the Hawks. Donta's future is brighter than Loren Woods's future, and even if Donta doesn't have a future in Atlanta, his upside holds more value than Loren Woods.

This is a league that doesn't have very many good centers to begin with, yet Loren can't get hardly any playing time. If Loren was any good, he'd be starting somewhere.